Moved house need carpet advise!!!!

EmziixBo0o

Reaction score
In a new house, got a quote to get a carpet fitted on my stairs, they quoted £400!!! My landing isn't even big just a square piece! Where can I get a cheaper decent carpet from?? For £400 it will take forever to get All the rooms done!!!

You could get cord on your stairs,a lot cheaper?after all it's a high traffic area.xx

You could get cord on your stairs,a lot cheaper?after all it's a high traffic area.xx

Didnt think of cord!! I'll see what they would quote for that, I was expecting £150 maybe they just cost more than what I thought x

Didnt think of cord!! I'll see what they would quote for that, I was expecting £150 maybe they just cost more than what I thought x

Cord is next to nothing!I'll be shocked if it's even £100!

Ah really?!?! Ill cord the whole house in that case lmfao

It's hardwearing :) and would do until you could replace it...its not as bad as it used to be.xx

Tbh that sounds about right for stairs and landing - but it's usually the expensive one, stairs are harder to fit than normal rooms and then landings have lots of doorways to fit. You need a decent carpet on stairs too as they get a lot of wear. Get a quote for another room too, you might find the whole house is not an expensive as you think.

my oh is a carpet fitter and he said 400 for a stair is an ok price depending on what you are getting.. obviously there is cheaper options.

I had my house done in one go as works out slightly cheaper having all the same as can use bits for stairs, for 2 bedrooms lounge and stairs (small square when come in door then practically straight upstairs and landing isn't much more than width of door) I paid just under 1300 which included underlay and fitting x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->