moved up to box 6---happy but miserable

princess2323

Finally a Mom
Reaction score
went in for my 22 week visit ---and measured 25
went in to my ultrasound at 20 weeks and baby measured about 22 at the time so --- would it be safe to consider myself 2 weeks ahead--- or should i just continue with being 22 weeks now --- either way according to the box on here i'm 6 months ---YYAAYYY not long now---

so for all u 6 month-ers what do u do about the back pain---ob recommended yoga--- what have u all done its mostly lower to mid back pain ===

also---have any of u had terrible stomach cramping--- i had it last night and ob ( i had my appointment today) said that it could be round ligament pain or just my uterus expanding --- especially since there was like an 8 cm difference from last time --- when i measured 17 at 19 weeks

some of u said that round ligament pain is like on ur side kind of but could u get it where its like ur whole stomach at once to the point where ur hunched over in pain and the energy is like literally dragged out of u ?

Hi Princess! I am on the border of month 5/6 as well. I have been doing yoga and it has made a big difference in my back pain. I was getting quite a bit of lower back pain before. This last week I have made an effort to do at least 30min of yoga a night and it's working so far.

The poses are not difficult, and you can probably find some prenatal yoga poses on the net or perhaps a video.

Princess look for something called "Pelvic Tilt Excercises". Sorry I dind't post the exact name of them earlier.

well feeling lots better now=--- guess it must of been just one of those weeks

I agree with your ob and mango. Most of it would probably be caused because the weight and different kind of balancing act for your body now... I think the key is to focus on the core (lower abdominal) muscle groups, which all the above recommendations should target. Other thing you can try is core work on a fitness ball, which can also be easier on your back (I have back and neck injuries). Another thing that can help is Pilates, but you really need to be careful to learn the very basic core support of pilates.

Definitely something I'd do with supervision first few times, no matter which method... I have been warned they all have potential to harm if you don't know what you should AVOID doing.

I think swimming uses every muscle group though. It's relaxing, and good if you are carrying a lot of weight like me. You can even try some hydro excercise classes. I can't remember what they are called but they help stretch and use your muscles, and you don't feel you've done the work until you come home :dohh:

Alternatively, a relaxing bath may help short term. :shower:

Take care

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"