Moving all over crib in the night

Starlight32

Reaction score
My daughter (4 months) moves so much in her crib at night. I hear her shuffling around and trying to roll. She wakes up in a completely different position (moves 90 or 180 degrees) than where I lay her down fir sleep. Does anyone else's baby do this? It seems like she us up for hours moving positions.

Yes!! My girl is one now and still does it lol!

Yup mine started at about that age and still does it. She is most likely doing it in her sleep so she isn't losing sleep over it. Is she in a sleep sac? That used to keep my daughter a bit more contained, although now she is able to get out of the sac so I end up having to go in during the night and throw a blanket over her.

Yes she's in a sleep sack. How does your daughter get out of hers?

I think she does wake because I hear her sucking her thumb and trying to roll but thankfully she's been going back to sleep on her own.

Yes she's in a sleep sack. How does your daughter get out of hers?

I think she does wake because I hear her sucking her thumb and trying to roll but thankfully she's been going back to sleep on her own.

There are buttons on the shoulders, so she lays on her back and scrunches her feet up by her chest and pushes her legs up hard enough that the buttons snap open, then she wriggles out the top of the sac.

Oh wow! The one our daughter uses zips from bottom to top. She pulls on it while trying to fall asleep so I can see how snaps would be an issue!

Oh wow! The one our daughter uses zips from bottom to top. She pulls on it while trying to fall asleep so I can see how snaps would be an issue!

Yeah pretty much every night I think to myself I need to go buy a different sac but then I never end up doing it!

If I don't put him in the Merlin Magic Sleep Suit he'll move around, but when he's in the suit he'll just sleep for 12 hours on his back with no problems. The random kicking in the middle of the night used to scare me, lol!

Yep, mines a wriggler!

The first time I put her in her cot she manage to spin herself the other way, kick her mobile off?! :)shock:) all whilst in a sleeping bag. Crazy child!

Yes, even mine is a fussy baby.

So, what I did to overcome sleep regression? I created a proper feeding schedule & then I Swaddled her right after the feed to avoid a 2:30 or 3:30 am wake up. Now she sleeps peacefully.

Feeding Schedule I follow:
12:30 Am
6:30 Am
11:00 Am (After Bath & Swaddling)
07:00 Pm (After Swaddling)

Let me know if this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member