MS and a Toddler

Bella12

Reaction score
Hello ladies!
I pulled my 22 month old toddler out of childcare for the summer. I'm a teacher and I hoped to save some money. Childcare is very expensive especially for the younger under 2s.

Anyway, my son is a busy boy. I feel so sick all day and night. Even rolling over in bed makes me feel nauseated. I only throw up maybe once or twice a day. I don't know if I'm being too harsh when I reprimanded him. I definitely have less patience.

Any suggestions on how to handle the start of terrible twos, an active two year old and morning sickness?

I'm feeling guilty. I made up a (basic summer lesson) plan for my son. Full of trips to the zoo, parks and all types of fun. I'm feeling so sick that very few of these Excursions have occurred.

So I don't have the answer, but I asked my mom a similar question the other day. I am currently pregnant with number 3, with two and one year old boys running about. I am also the 2nd oldest of 11, so I remember a good number of my mom's pregnancies. Anyways, she said, you just survive and don't worry about it being perfect. And he won't remember :) I totally understand though about having a much shorter temper. It's just hard - and it's ok to ask for help!

Have you tried anything for the nausea? I found sea bands take the edge off. I'm kinda in the same boat, my DD is not in the terrible two's stage (although I swear its already beginning at 14 months) but shes teething at the moment and is super fussy right now. I try to keep reminding myself that shes not the problem, I am, and when I feel myself getting frustrated I try to be extra loving. I also have been feeling really guilty because we normally have a ton of activities and groups we participate in but we've only been on three outings all week (we normally have at least one a day, if not two). Next week no matter how I feel we're going to get back on schedule.

Maybe you can start off with little trips that might not take much out of you, like the park or local library. Hopefully it gets better for you. I definitely know how hard the morning sickness can be.:hugs::hugs:

We've been watching a lots of films snuggled on the sofa. Like pp says you just survive. If I'm well enough we do stuff, if not he has toys to play with and I can sit and interact with him. Hubby also helps when he can

I completely sympathise. I have HG & a 2 1/2 year old. I feel like I'm the worst mum in the world to her - I'm so snappy & just rubbish at playing with her. Also, it's an added level of fun puking with a toddler asking you "why is your head in the toilet mummy?" & trying to cuddle you!

I've found I can do some games lying on the floor eg yesterday we were in a boat on the floor (a blanket) & I was lying down while she arranged all her soft toys. Play dates with friends are also helpful if they are somewhere contained & easy eg in their house. My friends don't know re my preg yet, but I'm hoping they might help out when they do, as I did for them. DH is also helping out a lot - I have a nap when he gets home from work at 530.

Mainly I think we just have to not worry too much that we're not as we were before. I don't suppose we will be able to do as much with a new born either. But lots of people have younger siblings so must go through their mums being like this & they're fine! Just ignore the mummy guilt.

Good luck!

Thanks ladies!

Pb- I'll have to look into sea bands. I've researched tricks for morning sickness but nothing seems to help. Even water seems to make me gag.
I have been out on short trips. I've taken my son to the library for two programs, the play ground twice, and have had 2 play dates with neighbor this past week. The problem is, I vomited in parking lot of the library and in front of my neighbor. I've been getting these terrible dizzy spells due to low blood pressure. Dr. Isn't concerned about my bp.

Broody-TV is a wonderful thing! I have been watching more movies. I feel guilty about it but I'm glad I'm not alone.

Cgk-I keep telling myself it doesn't have to be perfect (just survive ). Thanks for the advice /pep talk!:hugs:

Pansy, I'm sorry to hearyou have and HG. I don't know how you do it. I know throwing up with a toddler is not fun. My son just sits on my lap like this is a new activity. Should I spit I the toilet too? I've also tried laying on floor but my son tends to try to use me as a trampoline (usually when I lose my cool:wacko:). He's such a boy. I'm also trying to potty train. Lol. Not sure why I thought that would be a good idea.

I didn't get sick with my son. I guess part of me thought this pregnancy would be just as easy. Nope. Every pregnancy is different.

Hope you ladies are having a great weekend!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->