Mucinex and Pre seed?

jjbubbles28

Reaction score
I have little cm due to antihistamine use. I have been using pre seed, but can I use mucinex with pre seed? and has anyone gotten a positive form this?

You'll have far better luck posting this in the LTTC and assisted conception boards. Most women reading it here are likely going to scratch their heads and wonder what on earth you're talking about :winkwink:

I tried both, neither worked for us but yes they can be used in conjunction.

You need the active invredient in mucinex, it starts with a G....I am not near a computer but they sell it on Amazon!

You take it up to O'ing to help thin out your CM. I did that with pre seed and conceived my son...

I can't say it worked as I am super fertile but I believe if you have positive thoughts it can't hurt ;)

Good luck!!

Yes you can. We used preseed sometimes, and I took FertileCM to help with my CM production. It made a big difference! It has an ingredient with the same effect as mucinex to thin out CM, plus encourages natural production.

I used mucinex for a few days but it gave me a headache so I had to stop.. We also used preseed and softcups the cycle we conceived.. Not sure if they were the reason because I also used OPKs and figured out I wasn't ovulating until cd24 but I def think it helped move things along :)

Good luck!

Neither worked for us. We switched back to KY-Jelly and went at it for 4 days around O.

i have spent a fortune using conceive plus and then when they stopped selling it here in stores i used another brand... believe it it or not i ran out this last cycle and we had been given a box of durex lubes as a jokey gift.... we used those and we conceived :dohh: i was on my final round of clomid as well, but ALL that money on expensive fertile lubes over the years and we managed to catch an egg with fun lubes :thumbup: (FYI the 'tingle' one is very good ;) )

I hope so because I am using Mucinix for the first time this cycle...coupled with Preseed (which we've been using for a while)

Only CD2, so I haven't started taking it yet.

I've used Preseed for awhile and used guafesien (or however you spell it) this last cycle. I got way more EWCM than I've gotten previously and did end up getting my BFP this cycle. I used both together this cycle. :thumbup:

I've used Preseed for awhile and used guafesien (or however you spell it) this last cycle. I got way more EWCM than I've gotten previously and did end up getting my BFP this cycle. I used both together this cycle. :thumbup:

Did you say in the other thread you also were taking baby asprin?

How much of it were you taking and when?

Yes, I took an 81mg baby aspirin once a day. I think all of the baby aspirins are this dose. For the guaifenesin (looked it up :haha:), I just followed the directions. 1 pill 2x/day.

Yes, I took an 81mg baby aspirin once a day. I think all of the baby aspirins are this dose. For the guaifenesin (looked it up :haha:), I just followed the directions. 1 pill 2x/day.

Is the baby asprin safe to take after O? Or do you stop at O?

I honestly wouldn't take baby aspirin unless you need too, maybe consult a doctor. just b/c that can affect your lining and if you have no issues with that can cause implantation issues..

I honestly wouldn't take baby aspirin unless you need too, maybe consult a doctor. just b/c that can affect your lining and if you have no issues with that can cause implantation issues..

you're right, I'll call my doctor and see what he says first.

I'm confused as to how mucinex helps with CM? :shrug:

From a medical standpoint mucinex is used when someone has congestion and it is helped to thin out the congestion so that you can cough it up or blow it out of your nose. If you get the DM kind it also helps produce a cough so that you can get the mucus our of your chest or nose. The reason it helps with CM is because it has that affect throughout your body. It makes all mucus thinner and more abundant.

of course this is not the intended purpose of the medication, but it works none the less!

Hope that made it more clear as to what it does?!

I'm confused as to how mucinex helps with CM? :shrug:

From a medical standpoint mucinex is used when someone has congestion and it is helped to thin out the congestion so that you can cough it up or blow it out of your nose. If you get the DM kind it also helps produce a cough so that you can get the mucus our of your chest or nose. The reason it helps with CM is because it has that affect throughout your body. It makes all mucus thinner and more abundant.

of course this is not the intended purpose of the medication, but it works none the less!

Hope that made it more clear as to what it does?!

I was actually told the DM formula will work against pregnancy...you either need the formula with out it but better off just using guafesin the active ingredient!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->