Mucus plug question 6 weeks + 4 days TMI

opinion89

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to this so don't even know if I'm writing in the right place :wacko:

Basically I have pcos and have been TTC for 4 years, I fell pregnant on clomid in 2012, at six weeks I had a blob of white ( snot like ) come out of me (sorry for TMI) and two weeks later after having a light bleed I discovered that two weeks before ( about the time I lost the blob) that I had a MMC and the blob was probably my mucus plug coming away.

I got my BFP two weeks ago on my second cycle of letrozole however today I have had a small lump ( same as last time) however on a smaller scale, I phoned 111 and they basically said if there isn't any blood then there Is nothing to worry about, I know this is rubbish as last time I had no blood until the baby had been dead over two weeks. Im really worried I might have lost the baby again, has anyone else experienced this and had a successful pregnancy? I have heard that the mucus plug forms around seven weeks? Could it be that where it's starting to form bits are coming away? I have also heard it can regenerate however have only seen this is later pregnancy, there's loads of information online about the mucus plug in late pregnancy but nothing in early pregnancy? Help!

Thanks ladies I really appreciate your opinions and help xx:hugs:

Hi hun,
First, I'm so sorry for your previous loss :( :hugs:
Second, please try not to stress (right! huh?) But as far as the plug coming away, it does form around then, but it can also regenerate itself to an extent. Since its a small blob, I wouldn't really worry. Are you sure it's not EWCM? I had tons of it that early on. I was kinda worried myself. It's only natural for us to worry, I suppose. Big hugs. And wishing you all the best xx

I had a blob last week as well as in my son's pregnancy and I'm pretty sure that it is normal and irrelevant to your mmc.
As I have also sufferered mmcs before, however, I totally understand your anxiety and knickerwatching habits :hugs:
Phoning 111 or going to your gp without a bleed probably won't trigger a scan. The way I did it was to call the early pregnancy clinic at my local hospital who offerred me reassurance scans at 6 and 8 weeks (this was a few years ago so by now they might only be offering one scan, who knows?). If all else fails scrape your money together and go for a private scan. Wishing you all the best and hoping to hear you were reassured by seeing your bubba's heartbeat soon :hugs:

Thank you ladies, so hard to stay calm, peacelovebaby I don't think its Ewcm as it was a cream colour very thick and stretchy almost like a bit of chewing gum xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->