Mucus Plug size TMI PHOTO

Convie

Reaction score
I've been losing plug for 3 weeks now, I got a positive ffn 4 weeks ago and had contractions since, hospital wanted to do a fresh ffn test on Friday but they used lube on me so had to wait 24 hours and by then contractions died down so they just left it

My usual plug amount I lose is grab sized, yesterday I lost a good couple of table spoons worth but that was spread out throughout the day, today I lost this much!!
They say not to worry if there's no blood in it but this seems like a very large amount in one go?
Is there a point in mentioning this?
Is this a sign things are progressing??

FB_IMG_1571606224208.jpg

I lost my mucus plug 3 days ago over a 24 hour period. It looked like that amount every time I used the bathroom that day. There was some blood in it as well but that may have just been from a membrane sweep. Still pregnant without any contractions and no sign it's happening soon.

I would say yes, but it wasn't the case for me! Twice actually, with my second baby and this baby, I was losing huge chunks of the plug, contracting and both times had a positive ffn test! Needed a hospital stay both times for steroids and other meds to stop the contractions, I was induced last time at 39+6, and I'm 37+2 with this baby, all that happened at 30 weeks, so I was one of the ones to make it to the end both times :) good luck

I've been losing plug for 3 weeks now, I got a positive ffn 4 weeks ago and had contractions since, hospital wanted to do a fresh ffn test on Friday but they used lube on me so had to wait 24 hours and by then contractions died down so they just left it

My usual plug amount I lose is grab sized, yesterday I lost a good couple of table spoons worth but that was spread out throughout the day, today I lost this much!!
They say not to worry if there's no blood in it but this seems like a very large amount in one go?
Is this a sign things are

Is this a sign things are progressing??

If you are already term there is no need to mention it. Just wait for your contractions to become more regular.
If you are still preterm then you should be seeing yur midwife or ob/gyn about it

Mine looked just like that but had blood in it. I lost mine at 33×6 followed by the bloody show.

I continued to have contractions in front and back.
They wud go on for 8 hours and then just fizzle out.
I had more bloody show at 36 weeks.
Still didnt go into labour until my induction.

U can lose ure plug weeks b4 labour starts. Even when u get the blood it doesnt always mean labour is going to start. Also the plug can grow back.

Hopfully baby stays put until ure full term. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->