Mucusy, bloody nose?

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
I don't get bloody noses too often. Can't even remember the last time, may have been middle school. But I have gotten three in the last few days. I'll get super congested then sneeze and a glob of red blob comes out and I'll have snotty, red bleed for a few minutes. It happens when I'm either going to bed or just woke up. Is this a pregnancy thing? I did suddenly develop allergies so idk if that's related. My 24w appointment is Friday but thought I would ask here as well

I woke up with bloody noses alllll the time when I was pregnant with my son. Ended up sleeping on old towels. This time it's not that bad but I know exactly what you're going through because I'm going through the same thing. It's definitely pregnancy related!

Completely normal, I can't remember how far I was but I was pretty pregnant at the time.
I went to see the midwife for a routine appt and she said I was the 10th lady she'd seen today complaining of nose bleeds, she reckoned it was a change in the weather

I've had nose bleeds pretty much every day since week 6! Pregnancy rhinitis for me.. think the bleeding is a combination of over blowing my nose and also the increased blood volume! But I get a good 5 minute bleed every morning :( it's gross. I've now swung dramatically into the heyfever season as well, my poor nose is having a nightmare! It's so sore!

I have had a bloody nose since the first month or so! It's so gross. Sorry for TMI ahead but I get like huge dry blood boogers overnight and I can't breath out of my nose until I use my saline rinse and get them out. I had my nose cauterize when I was a young teen and never had a bloody nose until this pregnancy 15+years later!

Your blood volume goes up a lot and even if your blood pressure doesn't, it still seems to put pressure on your sinuses. Bleeds are common. I've never in my life had a runny nosebleed but I often blow blood out of there, especially now.

You may find they get clogged or swollen too. I'd be suspicious of your 'sudden allergies'. Unless they appeared pre-pregnancy, you may simply be suffering from pregnancy rhinitis. I get this bad, I basically always feel sort of stuffed up and restricted breathing from my nose. I've even got sinuses so dry I started catching colds easily. (a bit of snot goes a long way in preventing viral growth should you be exposed to anyone infected)

Hmmm interesting. I'm not quite that severe. But I'll ask my doc. I just assumed it was a baby thing. My family has bad allergies, but I have only had it mildly the last few years since something keeps happening to mess with our pollen and make allergies especially bad. SO has allergies and has been miserable, and I have heard of women developing the allergies their babies have during pregnancy. My coworker was allergic to strawberries during one pregnancy and her kid was born with a bad strawberry allergy. Same with her son who had a nut allergy. She was fine pre and post though. I also haven't been sick once, despite being a teacher and some nasty bugs taking down both students and teachers at my school. Including some hospitalizations.

I got a lot of bloody noses during both of my pregnancies. I only get them when I'm pregnant!

I also haven't been sick once, despite being a teacher and some nasty bugs taking down both students and teachers at my school. Including some hospitalizations.

Wow. That actually sounds kind of scary, hospitalizations due to contagious illnesses in coworkers while pregnant. :|

I also haven't been sick once, despite being a teacher and some nasty bugs taking down both students and teachers at my school. Including some hospitalizations.

Wow. That actually sounds kind of scary, hospitalizations due to contagious illnesses in coworkers while pregnant. :|

Right?! One came into the lunch room and was clearly still sick, she nonchalantly mentions being hospitalized for three days because she had 104 fever and medications wouldn't break it. Or another one has severe strep that developed into bronchitis. I'm like ummmmmmm get awayyyyyyy. Had a few students hospitalized overnight with violent stomach bugs. So we played the wipe down our desks every day game lol

I'm not sure about California, but here is one of the worst spring allergy seasons we have seen in a few years. I am on Zyrtec for allergies, even had some winter allergies. Pregnancy has made it worse, I think. But both of my kids are suffering badly from the allergies, and my symptoms worsen when theirs do and lessen when theirs do, so I assume it is allergic rhinitis and not pregnancy rhinitis, or a combination of the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->