Mulled wine

Kirsty3051

Wife & mum of 3!
Reaction score
What do you think about drinking a small glass? I've been craving it for weeks but already being on bed rest, I don't want to risk anything. A small amount can't cause any damage, surely?

Absolutely have a glass and enjoy it! I had one at a Christmas Market and it was gorgeous.
You can get it made at home with adding the spice sachet, fruit and orange juice and leaving out the brandy that I'd usually put in ... or double check the alcohol content in premade ones but I'll not be completely abstaining this Christmas.
xx

I don't think there's anything wrong with an occasional small glass of wine in the third trimester. They say no alcohol at all because we don't know the exact point that you'd be at risk of fetal alcohol syndrome, but it's definitely not one rare glass.

When i was preg with my 1st son i was under a trenendous amount of stress....My dr actually told me one 4oz glass of wine every night after dinner was healthier than the stress and no sleep and recommended it So my body could relax.... I never drank it daily, but I had an occasional small glass here and there.... My son is extremely smart, was born healthy and happy, slept and ate well , and haven't had any issues what so ever :)

I agree with the others. I think an occassional glass of wine is fine. It's not like jut doing shots, lol.

As my MW said, " you can have half a bottle of Buttercup Syrup but can't enjoy a shot of wine" One glass is absolutely fine at this stage, enjoy it!

If you get a real craving, I recommend Belvior's Mulled Punch or M&S Non-alcoholic Mulled Wine - both great substitutes!

I sent my husband to our weekend Christmas market and he found a non alcoholic powder that you just need to add boiled water too. Feeling festive! X

I bought the non alco ikea mulled wine. Disappointed would be an understatement :lol: so treated myself to a small mug of the real deal when we put the xmas tree and decs up :)

I'm not missing my bubbly at Christmas and new year! It'll only be a little little glass and as long as you don't make a daily habit of it I don't think it sounds dangerous.

Why don't you call your midwife? She will have to say don't drink but she might also put your mind at rest about your bed rest and whether you are at a specific risk with that one glass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->