Multi vits & Folic Acid/Morning Sickness

nikkiangel83

Mum to a little girl
Reaction score
Hey All,

I would just like to advise you all of making sure you speak to your Doctor etc before taking pregnancy vitamins.

I was taking folic acid with 18 vitamins and minerals (all in one tab) and it wasn't until I had forgotten to take them at the weekend and my morning sickness totally subsided that I put two and two together.

Now, a lot of you may already know about the sickness that these tablets can cause but I didn't and thought that I was just having a rough time with MS. I feel tonnes better since stopping them but I am going to the doctor's next week and will ask him for advice on what is essential. I am going to continue with a folic acid supplement but not with all the extra vitamins and minerals. It seems that iron may be the culprit.

I'm sorry if you already know this but it may be handy for newbies.

:hug:

Too true!

I found Pregnacare made me feel awful, but switched to Sanatogen Pronatal which agreed much better with me!

x

See, Sanatogen pronatal was the one that I have just stopped! It's amazing how the same thing can affect people so differently.

ive just bought the sanatogen , can I ask why u need to speak with doctor? I hope they dont make the ms any worse than it already is!

The prenatals made me horrible sick as well because of the extra Iron. Since I couldn't take the traditional prenatal vits., my dr. recommended I take 2 Fred Flinstones chewables a day, plus 2 tums for extra calcium. Much better for me. Sounds silly I know... but my dr. said those vits. were the closest to prenatals.

ive just bought the sanatogen , can I ask why u need to speak with doctor? I hope they dont make the ms any worse than it already is!

I would just say to speak to them so they can advise what you actually NEED at this stage of your pregnancy. My MS is non existant now I have stopped taking the tablets. I think the iron is needed later in pregnancy rather than now and Folic Acid is the most important thing to be taking. A lot of breakfast cereals have folic acid in too.

Hi Ladies! The vitamins made me very sick too when I was pregnant with ds. I tried switching vitamins and didn't find anything any better. So I asked if it were ok to take them at night instead (with dinner) and got the green light. I have been taking them at night now for the last month and have felt great. I know its still early in my preg but so far so good and no ms! Maybe it will work for some of you as well?

Thanks for the advice ladies! I've been taken folic acid since before I became pregnant and just this evening on the way home from work bought some pregnancy multi-vitamins. I'll be thinking twice about taking them now! Thank you! :hug: x

Hi Ladies! The vitamins made me very sick too when I was pregnant with ds. I tried switching vitamins and didn't find anything any better. So I asked if it were ok to take them at night instead (with dinner) and got the green light. I have been taking them at night now for the last month and have felt great. I know its still early in my preg but so far so good and no ms! Maybe it will work for some of you as well?

i too take pregnacare but i take it at around 6pm with my dinner and has caused me no sickness at all.....they smell/taste a little mingin but once it's gone down it causes no sickness at all!!!

sara

xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->