multiple food allergies, leaky gut sydrome & WTT

BeeLT

WTT & Preparing for #1
Reaction score
I started having mild anaphylactic reactions (my throat didn't constrict enough to cut of my airway) to shrimp in the summer of 2007, but didn't know what it was. I did figure out that it was being cause by shrimp so I stopped eating it. In the fall of 2007 I got what I assume was food poisoning and was very ill for 4 days- diarrhea, exhaustion, dehydration, and so on. By early 2008 I was eating only jello and kicks cereal (dry) because everything else either caused the mild anaphylactic reaction, gave me diarrhea, made me itch, or gave me the worst headache of my life.

After seeing several allergists, I was diagnosed with multiple food allergies. The doc said what I had resembled Leaky Gut Disease (when your intestines are injured, possibly by the food poisoning, and they let proteins through they aren't supposed to. This mimics or causes allergic reactions), but leaky gut is only supposed to last a few weeks to a couple of months, and mine had been going on for some time. I was given an epi-pen and a long list of "thou shall not eat".

I did food trials in the fall of 2008 that were all unsuccessful. I did more food trials in the spring of 2009 and was able to eat shrimp, fish, soy, and all fruit again. Until early 2010, when they all (except soy) came crashing down (causing reactions) again.

I have been on a strict diet since then but still not very healthy. Things occasionally make me itch and get added to the "shall not eat" list. I often have headaches, dizzy spells, and stomach troubles, but wasn't able to pin point what was causing it.

I went to see a Naturopathic physician two moths ago and had IgA, IgE, and IgG food panels done. It came back very discouraging. Everything that I had been eating on a regular basis was an allergen and doing harm to my system. A few things that I previously had been allergic to and was therefore avoiding came back as non allergen, so I've been doing food trials with those.

I cannot eat: dairy, sugar, soy, rice, almond, amaranth, barley, gliadin or whole or gluten wheat, hazelnut, peanut, pecan, rye, spelt, sesame seed, white potatoes, mushrooms, spinach, brewer's or baker's yeast, beef, egg, lamb, pork, crab or scallop, black beans, bananas.

I'm struggling to eat enough on a rotation diet to feel full and have energy. The complete lack of all dairy and wheat is difficult. I've been slowly finding things that I can eat that aren't boring. If you don't understand what I mean, then tomorrow eat nothing but plain cucumbers and acorn squashed baked with maple syrup all day. And then the next day eat nothing but plain carrots and zucchini fried in olive oil with salt & pepper (nothing else!). Then you might begin to understand. No coffee either. Thirst? Water only!

Here's the real kicker and the reason for sharing my long story: just before getting the results for my allergy panels, my husband and I decided we wanted to try to get pregnant with our first child this fall. I know that my gut needs time to heal, but have no idea how long. I'm concerned that my body won't be able to produce a healthy baby and that even though my doc says I most likely have leaky gut, that it's not hereditary but environmental- nothing is for sure and what if our baby has multiple food allergies?

We have decided to WTT as my body needs to be better in order to give our future baby the best environment possible (and so that pregnancy doesn't wear me to pieces). I have a follow up appointment at the end of Oct and am going to discuss TTC possible timelines with my physician. I'm guessing she going to say we need to WTT for at least 6 months. We'll just have to see.

I would sincerely appreciate any words of wisdom, similar stories, or suggestions.

Thank you so much.
Bee

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->