Multiple incisions and future pregnancies

DollPosse

Reaction score
I am a little curious about any future pregnancies with two incisions. I don't think it is likely that I will ever have planned pregnancy but I was wondering if anyone had any information on this. I know after every section there are increased risks and I am assuming there would be even more with two incisions and having two spots of weakness.

Thanks

I'm pregnant with my 4th baby. All three previous births were emergency c-sections. My doctor had absolutely no trouble with me getting pregnant for the 4th time, even after my uterus was starting to rupture when we had the 3rd baby (it was at 37 weeks and after I've been in early stage labour for 3 days). Her only request ever was no VBAC's after 2 c-sections and enough time elapsing between each c-section. If I remember correctly, she preferred about 18-24 months.

Did your OB always use the same incision? Sorry if i seem confused I haven't had much sleep with my new baby. For my most recent section they made a new incision instead of using of using my previous one. As of yet I have no idea why the doctor choose to do it that way.

Thanks

No, my doctor made seperate incisions each time. But close enough together that once my stomach shrank, it looks like almost one, thick line. She explained to me that it's too difficult cutting through the scar tissue, so they don't cut at exactly the same place.

Oh thank you for clarifying. I had planned to vbac so I had a doula and she thought that another incision was due to complications but I was never aware of any. The surgery went really well. Far better than my first and both were emergencies.

Thanks again for the reply :)

I have had 2 c-sections, and am having another with this LO. I have had to abdominal hernia repair surgeries as well. So I have a lot of scar tissue down there. My surgeon did the c-sections in the same spot. But my hernia repair surgeries were in two different spots.

I had no problem getting pregnant since having my c-sections and abdominal surgeries (obviously).. However I will say, that there is some intense pain on the old scar tissue carrying this little one. This child will be my last, I just can't imagine being in this much pain again through another pregnancy.

Also all the old incision sites and scar tissue are more likely to rupture during pregnancy. My doctor plans on having me on bed rest very soon, just to avoid any ruptures. It gets more difficult with each incision on your tummy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->