Multiple let downs

armywife11

Mom to Two
Reaction score
I am dealing with an issue I'm not sure how to handle. My newborn cluster fed from day one and has now tapered off. This happened right as my milk came in and now I am super engordged. Along with that I keep having multiple let downs in both breast as he nurses. These short nurse sessions with the LD issue is leading me with rock hard boobs. I have been having him nurse on one side multiple times and am doing everything I can think of to keep him awake or to get him to nurse longer but nothing seems to work well, or long. When he falls asleep then starts back up another let down occurs.

Am I doing all that I can do here or is there something else I can try? I am sure this is only a phase but its really painful. I did try expressing a little but I suffer the multiple let downs with that as well. I didn't have this issue with my first so I am a total loss.

Try hand expressing a little to make yourself more comfortable but your body should naturally readjust soon. Block feeding (feeding for 3-4 hours per side) should help too but be careful to keep an eye on your supply.

Things will get better soon :)

This sounds like me a few weeks ago!

To keep him awake the midwife told me to strip him off before a feed, I also had to blow on him to keep him awake! As for the hard boobs just keep massaging them like mad u can be quite firm with it and do it as ur lo feeds or I used to express into a pot as soon as lo had had enough!

Mine really calmed down at 6 weeks

The block feeding has seemed to help this afternoon, that and he seems more awake and willing to eat. Maybe I just didn't give it enough time.

I am dealing with an issue I'm not sure how to handle. My newborn cluster fed from day one and has now tapered off. This happened right as my milk came in and now I am super engordged. Along with that I keep having multiple let downs in both breast as he nurses. These short nurse sessions with the LD issue is leading me with rock hard boobs. I have been having him nurse on one side multiple times and am doing everything I can think of to keep him awake or to get him to nurse longer but nothing seems to work well, or long. When he falls asleep then starts back up another let down occurs.

Am I doing all that I can do here or is there something else I can try? I am sure this is only a phase but its really painful. I did try expressing a little but I suffer the multiple let downs with that as well. I didn't have this issue with my first so I am a total loss.

Sorry to sound stupid but I thought it was normal to have multiple let downs during a feed? I always have!

I was having one right after another and he wasn't able to "empty" the breast. So they just kept getting fuller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->