Multiple ovulation

Nataliexx

Mummy of 4
Reaction score
I was wondering if any ladies have had pain I. Both ovaries went on and released two eggs?
My opt is negative but almost positive so it should be within the next couple if days.
I'm also on clomid
Thanks

It is very possible for two eggs to be released during ovulation...that is why some end up with fraternal twins. Its rare but very possible :)

This was my first round of clomid. I had ovary pain in both on day of pvulation. Stronger in my right side. Had an early us yesterday and only one sac seen at 5 weeks!

Yeah i was reading up more about it and it seems clomid can cause double ovulation. But more often then not the second egg (if two do happen to get released) never gets fertilised. But it was an interesting read and is a possibility.

I have natural fraternal twins on the way. I did not notice any pain, but I did notice a lot more EWCM than usual at ovulation. I saw it every time I wiped.
I have only one ovary so I know they came from the same side. At my first u/s there were 3 sacs, but one has since vanished.

Yeah ive heard that if you have only one ovary you can hyper ovulate and end up with multiples.

Yeah ive heard that if you have only one ovary you can hyper ovulate and end up with multiples.

I remember you saying that before... would you happen to have any links or know of any books that reference it? I can'f find a word on it. My ob/gyn has not heard of this.

I was told I would likely hit menopause by 40 due to having my egg supply reduced by 75% (half of my good ovary was removed too) and I am curious if the hyperovulation continues long after removal as that might cut my fertile years from 4 down to 1 (am currently 36).

I know you can google it and lots of info comes up, but im not sure how often the hyperovulation happens. I just know that there is an increased chance of it happening.

I've not heard of hyper ovulation with 1 ovary either but it would make sense. My doc told me that once your egg reserve drops (as you get older) your body starts to release multiple eggs in a desperate attempt to get pregnant. I wonder if this is why some women get broody when its now or never?

In your case your reserve has been diminished radically by surgery so maybe your body is responding to that as it would had they dropped naturally over a few years?

I've no idea if it would affect how long you remain fertile though. Although my doc was talking of reserves getting low there are still lots more eggs than months in which to release them.

I had 4 days of positive opks last month and ovulation pain for two days, I usually have 1 positive opk and a few hours of pain. Early scan last week and its twins :)

I just pictured my ovary yelling "Abandon ship!" and tossing out eggs by the bucket! :lol:

Congratulations Lunabean!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->