Multivitamins and nausea

Catonthetown

Reaction score
I discovered today that it is my multivitamin that has been making me feel nauseous in the mornings even tho I take it with breakfast.
I didn't take it until lunchtime today and hey presto no nausea in the morning.
Did feel a bit off in the afternoon then tho.
I am on centrum. Last time I took sanatogen with no issues.
Thought it would be interesting to see if anyone else has a similar issue, might try changing to another one? 😊

I'm on a brand called Full Circle and it's wonderful. I have to take 4 during the day but I divide it between breakfast and dinner. I have never been nauseous from taking these, and mind you, they're big pills, although not as bad as some of the big name brand ones.

Pregnancy or not, vitamins always make me feel nauseous so I take mine at night right before bed with some food and I sleep through any nausea.

instead of prenatals (they make me horribly sick) i take two flinstone vitamins. they also seem to make me sick even though i eat with them and drink plenty of water bottles throughout the day. whenever i do get ill, its whenever i take the flinstone vitamin. but the ill feeling lasts for maybe three or four hours. usually goes away when i eat again.

I take Garden of Life prenatals - raw organic. They're expensive than some others but I haven't had problems so far and they have 5 stars on many reviews. They have added ginger for 'morning sickness'. I supplement with DHA pills separately. I feel great most of the time, very mild nausea. The Garden of Life prenatals are big pills but you can open the capsules and I mix it into milk.

I take Garden of Life prenatals - raw organic. They're expensive than some others but I haven't had problems so far and they have 5 stars on many reviews. They have added ginger for 'morning sickness'. I supplement with DHA pills separately. I feel great most of the time, very mild nausea. The Garden of Life prenatals are big pills but you can open the capsules and I mix it into milk.

These are the ones I ended up taking as well. After two different prenatals making me sick my MIL bought me that's to see if they would be better and they absolutely are! Yes they are expensive but they are totally worth it.

with my first my doctors kept giving me free samples of all sorts of prenatal, all of which had DHA, all of which made me sick. I requested pulls without the DHA and ta-da! no more nausea at night. my dh and I did research on DHA and how they extract it from natural sources with a type of gas of some sort and from that point forward i have avoided anything with added DHA. even after I stopped breastfeeding, I made certain to not feed my child formula or baby food with it in it. As for the added benefits of it, I'm not buying it bc he never threw up until he was 3.5 yrs old and is in the 99th percentile in his preschool. While I'm pregnant, im being sure to get my DHA from food. Check and see if your pill has it and if it does, it may be worth switching to see.

Thanks for the replies.
Since I started taking my multivitamin with my main meal at night I have had no more nausea yipeeeee 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->