mummies who use jars

lemontree12

Reaction score
i was just wonering how much of the jar you give your little one.

my lo is on the 7month ones. im worried about porition control.

so im just interested to see how much other people give their babies.

thanks

I give aoife half a jar of savoury and half a jar of dessert per meal (though don't use a dessert one much she usually has yogurt or fruit) she also has finger foods before.

That's the larger 7 month plus jars btw

I give LO a whole pouch for lunch and a fromage frais then for dinner half a pouch

We have gerber jars here, not sure if you do there. There is a small jar and a large jar. The smallest jars I give the full one at supper and a half jar plus yoghurt at lunch time. I read the calories on the back and its only 1/3 of what formula is for 1 portion which is usually 1/2 jar. I think the entire jar is fine as it equals 2 oz of milk in terms of calories, and it keeps her full for longer.

thank you, i usually give her half a jar at lunch and a yoghurt. she usually polishes it off. today i used the full jar and she eat 3/4s. my friends told me to give her a full jar, but when i pour it into a kiddie bowl it fills it, i wouldnt even eat that much myself, so was just interested on others take on how much jar to give.

i usually give her finger food stuff at dinner time and alitte bit of porridge not long before bed, as i fill the finger food wouldnt fill her.
shes on 3 8oz bottles per day

thanks

I wouldn't worry too much about portion control - your baby will tell you when she's full by turning away from the spoon or spitting out her food. They're not like adults - they don't really overeat (unless they have a health issue).

I give Charlotte a whole stage 2 jar for dinner (they're the larger size for 6 months plus). Usually it's a meat/veggie puree. She often wants more, so I might do 1/2 a stage 2 jar of fruit for dessert and/or some dry cereal.

Ted has half a stage 2 jar and then a yoghurt, fromage frais or fruit pot, x

Jack will get a whole jar (7m) for lunch followed by a fromage frais, and a whole jar for dinner followed by a whole fruit pot.

When I give him homecooked food I give him around the same volume of food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->