Mummy seeking missle?

Sunflowers

Reaction score
Lowenna is now 3 weeks old. We cosleep using a bedside cot, as I did initially for my toddler. We stopped using it at 10 weeks with jocelyn as I found her, 2 nights on the trot, wedged in the natural dip where the mattress edges are rounded. I padded it out with blankets and found her that night flapping on the mound I'd created - she was 10 weeks old at the time.

Lowenna is doing this already, I've found her shoulder in the dip for the last 2 nights despite putting her two thirds of the way over in to her cot. This morning in fact I woke at 6, glanced at her to check she was ok and she was (and still where I'd put her back after changing her at 4) so went back to sleep.. Half an hour later she started crying bvut when I opened my eyes she was in the dip again.

Firstly, how does a 3 week old baby move so far?????

Secondly, what do we do about this? When this happened with jocelyn we just moved her straight in to our bed which I have no problems doing when she's a bit older but my pelvis is still very very sore from the pg (I had quite bad spd although thankfully not as bad as with jocelyn) and I need to be able to get into a comfy positition which I find harder when I'm curled around her..

Answers on a postcard please?! :coffee: :thumbup:

Do you swaddle her, that might stop her wriggling so much, or you could half swaddle?

I do swaddle her - she'd flapped all the blankets too and wriggled herself free enough so that her arms were out, I'm a midwife so used to swaddling babies at work too so it's not like I don't know how to, bizarre!!

oooh what a tinker!
The only other thing I can think is airwrap - put it around the bedside cot somehow and tuck the bit inbetween down a bit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->