Mums/Moms after Recurrent Losses (MARL) - Come join us!

Croy- Fussy days definitely make it harder to get things done around the house. He may just be teething or going through a growth spurt. My house usually looks like a tornado passed through on days like this but at least they are normally content and happy babies.:thumbup:

Bumpy- your family picture is gorgeous!

Amanda- Good luck! I’m sure it will be a piece of cake. It gets a lot harder to fly when they are mobile and don’t like to sit still.

Embo- I’m jealous of all the late AF ladies as well. I got mine probably at 2 and a ½ months.

Tuckie- regarding cuddling- Penny is so independent now so when I smother her with kisses and hugs she shakes her head “no” and tries to weasel her way out of my grasp (she thinks it is funny or is just too busy to be bothered) but she does willingly come over to us and give us “nosies” (Eskimo kisses) and when she is tired she lays her head on our belly/chest. I love when she surprises us with a kiss or a hug. I think I enjoy this more because it is her way of showing us affection.

Bay is such a doll and just petite. I love the last picture. It looks like she busting a sweet move! Soon enough she will be piling on the weight and growing like a weed. I feel like I blinked and now Penny looks more like a little girl than a baby. She had little lumps at the base of her neck and I freaked as well. It felt like little cartilage balls but her Ped assured us it was normal and can be swollen during infancy because of hormones.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!!

Heart, I hope you have a nice trip!

Tuckie, my sister found a lump on my nieces nipple when she was just a baby. She freaked out aswell and took her to the doctor and they said it was nothing to worry about, Im not sure exactly what they explained it to be , Im guessing its quite common.

love the pics girls. can't post much, working now.
ava is 14 lb 5 oz and dylan is 14 lb 10 oz. his head is in the 50% for a normal 6 month old (not preemie) and only 7% for weight. the dr said we need to remeasure his head in a month as it grew so fast since 2 months ago. i don't think there is anything wrong as it looks normal.

hopeful, happy belated 6 months to the twins!!!

Girls, I need some ideas…

I am making Tim a date jar for a stocking stuffer and need some more date ideas. What are some of your favorite? It can be small like ordering take out and watching a movie or big like going away for the weekend.

dh is a total ahole to me. sorry can't help you hoping....
having a rough time of it.

hopeful:hugs: I'm sorry to hear that:nope: Is it just the stress of having two new family members? I hope things get better!

Aww hopeful noooo that makes me so sad as you're so lovely and don't deserve that at all!!! Do you think it's just a temporary thing? :hugs: :hugs: we're here for you xxx great weights for the bambinos they sound just perfect to me! :cloud9:

Hopeful- :hugs: is he being an ahole consistently or just lately? I sure hope he's just in a funk :( We're all here for you hun.

Hoping- here's an idea: OH & I like to go to the river or lake or somewhere else pretty & have sandwiches or something similar...just sit, munch, & cuddle while mostly quiet & taking in the scenery. Those are some of my fondest 'dates' with him. There's also going to dinner or the movies or both. We also loved going on hikes together...I guess it'll be awhile before we can do that again with a baby & all.

Hoping,
We do weekly bed dates where we massage one another, talk, and usually make love.

Hopeful,
That makes me sad to hear. You are juggling so much and to have DH being an a hole is awful.

Hi everyone else.

From princess's birthday <3

https://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq96/tee_lou/428920_10151227562109121_2040473604_n_zpsdcdecf8f.jpg

Tracie- what a cutie!!!

Thanks for all of the great suggestions girls!

Tuckie- I love those kinds of dates! Living in Colorado, we have plenty of beautiful scenery to provide a nice back drop. I have a few of those already in the jar and ready to be picked.

Kat- that suggestion will go in my “romantic” category. We used to do a lot of that pre-baby… we still squeeze it in during nap time/bed time but not nearly as often as we should.

I bought a really nice jar (well as nice as jars can get:haha:) and some colored popsicle sticks. I’m using the different colors to break the dates up into categories. For instance, purple sticks have baby friendly dates like putt putt golf or the zoo. Yellow= weekend getaway, Red= romantic, Blue= just us (under $20), orange= just us ($20 and beyond), green= night in. Tim likes thoughtful gifts so I really hope he likes this and knows that I am always thinking of him.

I’m also working on another big art project for him along with some store bought items for his Christmas presents. Penny’s gift to her daddy is a coffee mug with her hand prints and I am taking her to make a gourmet “I love you” coffee blend.

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season!!!

Are you ok hopeful? I'm worried about you. Here any time you want to chat or rant! Xx

Hoping - I love that idea, I was working on something similar for hubs but I hadn't thought to make categories like that, you are so creative. I thought of, getting cupcakes or maybe chocolates from a specialty shop - we have both close to us and its a fun and inexpensive date - plus it can be baby friendly or something that wouldn't require too much time away from the baby if that's a concern. Such a sweet idea. Hubs asked for noise cancelling headphones for Christmas this year, hoping they are for work and not around the house! HA HA, perhaps I should put a stipulation on the gift tag!

I haven't really asked for anything specific, I like when he has to be creative, which is not easy for him...sometimes this works great and other times I get "interesting" gifts, but I like that he thinks of things on his own and try to be gracious even if its not something "perfect" because I know he hates to fail more than anything and I dont want to break his spirit or his heart to try.

Amanda - How was the flight? Hope all went well, I am sure D did great. Hope you can have a realaxing holiday time with family.

Jodi -Sorry hubs is being difficult. You guys have so much on your plate. Are you travelling for the holidays or having family to you? I hope that if you are with family you can sneak away and have some time without the babies even if its just going for coffee...plus I wonder if someone would take the babies for the night if you were staying somewhere so you could both sleep. I know that hubs and I have a tough time when we are both sleep deprived, and you are sleeping way less than us. Sending big hugs to you, friend. I hope those babies give you some good sleep, smiles and extra cuteness for Christmas.

Tracie - Thanks for posting the pictures, I can't believe how big she is already. When I first started on the PARL thread, she was just born!! Happy Birthday Princess!!!

afm- I think Levi was just backed up, we are three poopy diapers down in the last few hours and he did a huge one last night and then slept pretty good. Hope that he feels better now. He is certainly very chatty this morning.

Are you ladies ready for Christmas? I can't believe its only 4 more sleeps!!!!! We are heading to my inlaws after church on Christmas eve, so we will have dinner there and then stay over to wake up there on Christmas day! I just finished my wrapping and made Levi's scrapbook page to go with his first Christmas ornament. Every year I will find an ornament to reflect something we did, or he loved that year and make a scrapbook page to go with it so over the years it turns into collection and he can have the scrapbook to remind him what they represent. I copied the idea from a friend but I love it!! This year, he is getting some jingle bells that sound actually pretty that I picked up at Pier 1, and a Christmas book with lights and some bath toys. I wasn't even going to get him all that but I couldn't resist. I don't want Christmas to be all about stuff for him but he is too young to understand this year...probably a good thing because I think his grandparents have gone overboard! haha'

Hopeful- I'm so, so sorry hun :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

For starters you are NOT a bad mom! Don't listen to his insults. You obviously care very much about your babies & you are doing amazing considering you have TWO newborns, a job, and you're dealing with a verbally abusive OH. I wish I could give you a real life hug! :( Your husband sounds like he has some issues & I don't think they're going to go away anytime soon. You certainly don't want him modeling this behavior as they grow up. You should get support wherever you can. If you have friends, lean on them for support. Even if they have families of their own, they'll still want to help if they're decent. Otherwise, maybe your mom can come stay for awhile if you end up splitting? Maybe she could help you through it...or would you relocate to be closer to your folks? Are you dependent on your husband financially? Do you have a women's center in your city? So sorry you're dealing with this crap :hugs:

Oh Hopeful I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. You are doing an amazing job with the twins! Sending you the biggest hug :hugs:

Oh my goodness hopeful I am so so sorry it sounds like you are going through he*l., yourr post made me cry a lot, I am devastated to think what you must be going through. I think your husband has severe mental issues and that it is no reflection on you AT ALL. I think emotional abuse is at least as bad if not worse than physical abuse with the only problem being visual evidence I suppose. I think you need to get out ASAP. You deserve and need a loving relationship and by the sounds of things he is not going to change. When your twins get older and hear what he says to you...... I can't even imagine. I know it must be nigh on impossible to think about really leaving especially with his threats but I would hope that if I were you (and not too worn down by all this which i think I would be) I would try to get help from various sources so there's at least 'evidence' too and then make secret plans to leave. I think with a character like that you are going to have to plot and plan the steps to take next to leave him. With verbal emotional abuse it is just like physical abuse it doesn't stop it gets worse and carries on. Here for you hun, pm me ANY time to talk xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I didn't see what you wrote hopeful as I think you've deleted it now but I'm soo sorry Hun, you don't deserve to be going through this shit!!! I've said it before and I mean it I really think you are a super mum, a hero mum in my eyes!!! Being a mum to a baby is amazing but hard work! And you are doing it to twins AND you are back at work! I admire you so much and you need a loving husband to support you. I mean when I say here if you ever want to talk or rant, either on pm here or fb. Lots of love Hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->