mums of 2 or more, morning sickness question

weewdy

Reaction score
Has anyone had morning sickness with your 1st but not with your 2nd/3rd?

Sorry for intruding, I'm browsing through new posts and not pregnant but I had it from 9-17 weeks with my first and was only sick 2/3 times with my second :)

I had it with both, although not as severe this time, and I totally attribute that to starting meds early and being proactive.

I was only sick maybe 3 times with my first
Sick every second day witu my second but meds helped
Sick every single day with my third and I've gone through every medication available to not avail.

With my son I was miserable from Week 6 to Week 16. All day constant never ending nausea and vomiting around twice a day.

This pregnancy...............I have dry retched a few times, especially if I smell something horrible and have waves of nausea but nothing like my first and Im so so so so grateful for that. I can actually function and havent missed a day of work unlike my first where I was taking sick days at least once/twice a week.

And I had a scan 10 days ago and had a healthy little bean measuring where it should with a good strong heartbeat, so just counting myself lucky this time especially with a toddler to look after.

I'm the opposite.
I had very little morning sickness with my first. I threw up maybe twice, and had very few food aversions and a good appetite.
This time, I've already thrown up at least 10 times, and have quite a few food aversions. I also spend most of the day feeling sick, although I am able to keep small meals down.

I think I have been about the same with both mine... I may be slightly better this time around, but not by much.

Oh gosh - I only remember being slightly nauseous with my first. I've been terribly sick with my 2nd and 3rd. So it got worse for me.

I didn't have it with dd, I had a good case with this one.

With my first (DD) I was REALLY sick for about 10 days. With DS I felt really sick for several weeks, but was never actually sick. This time around I felt intermittently sick and had strong cravings for cereal and aversions to all manor of random things between weeks 5-10 but not nearly as bad as the others. I used to think ms was worse with girls given my experience, but apparently for me, each time is just different - perhaps as your body gets used to the change in hormones with subsequent pregnancies?

Dd1-terrible morning sickness.
Dd2-no morning sickness
Baby 3-morning sickness feeling but rarely actually sick. Only just stopped feeling sick the past few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->