Mums of 5+...

MumOfPlenty

Expecting squishy #6...
Reaction score
Just wanted to see how many of us there might be here? And how you're finding the madness?!

I'm currently 21 weeks with number 6, And have been told that got to have a hospital birth (doesn't bother me) and that I need to be IV'd up while giving birth as have increased risk of haemorrhage. I've got blood transfusion papers in my notes and everything! :wacko:

Hi ya, i already have five too and i am 30 weeks into this pregnancy. Have read about the increased risk of PPH but when i asked my doc about it last week he wasnt that worried. Probably too soon to be asking him that question? Feeling very uncomfortable this time though. Babs is really pushing on stomach and diaphragm and eating and breathing easy is hard at the best of times. Havent been putting on much weight since week 27 because of this plus the heartburn thrown in for good measure! Also had a few bad weeks with pgp/spd but i have managed to get on top of that. Some days i wonder how am i going to keep going for another 9 weeks. Yesterday it felt like i had low iron, couldnt get out of bed without feeling dizzy and so tired. I am luck that my kids are not smallies anymore, youngest is 7 and oldest is 13 and hubby is great in helping out.

So thats enough of my whining. We are so looking forward to this little one coming and it is so worth the aches and pains because i know when this little one does make an appearance it will all be forgotten.
Will be asking my midwife when i see her in two weeks about the increased risks cause i know her sister had 6 children too so she might know more.
Hope it all goes easy for you and we have nothing to worry about in the end!

I don't have that many, only 3 (pregnant with number 4), but I keep finding myself with a house full of 7 kids because they keep bringing four of their friends round all the time.

I'm getting a bit stressed with it!

I have 4 and is expecting #5 and its crazy to think about, they are older youngest is 5 and oldest is 13 so they aren't babies but still drive me crazy.So this will be quite and adventure so glad he is the last one and thankfully DH is awesome and sane:haha:

:lol: It is all a bit crazy mental! - i think once you go over 3 or 4 you get used to never having any time to yourself - even to poop - and then it doesnt matter much how many you've got, its always the same level of crazy, messy, madhouse loveliness! :wacko:

it is quite stressful though. my others are 13, 11, 6, 4, and 2. i cant wait for my 2 year old to turn 3 - they really are nightmare 2-year-olds, these crazy kids of mine! :lol:

thanks racdun - me too.. and i totally agree with people when they say it gets harder to carry comfortably the more you have. this is my worst pregnancy yet for sickness etc - hope bubs gives you more room to breathe soon!

Alice - you have my sympathy! i dont let mine have friends over that often, and our house is usually in a state of such flux that having extra kids round just doesn't make for a calm situ!

mami - it helps having a sane other half. however, i cant say the same, mine is as mad as a box of frogs :lol:

babyhopes - its probably the sensible thing to do :winkwink: :haha:

I have 5 children as well and I'm pregnant with #6 :) My children are 14, 8, 7, 4 and 22 months old (my HANDFUL). I have the 2 little ones at home with me during the day and my other 3 I have to have out the door by 745am and off to 2 different schools then pick them up later in the afternoon at 2 different times. I'm exhausted this pregnancy! Besides transporting children, attending high school orientation for my 14 year old, transporting to church activities multiple times weekly, attending school functions & concerts, washing/folding/putting away laundry & cloth diapers, cleaning the house daily, cooking....it can all get very exhausting while lugging little ones with...but I wouldn't have it any other way. Just ready for this pregnancy to come to and end so I can have my energy back and feel ontop of the world instead of struggling daily. I have a wonderful supportive husband but he works all day long but is helpful when he's here thankfully! Big hugs to you all out there...raising large families while having one in the oven isn't always easy!

Can I join too? Pregnant with #5 here, I'm 21+5 with a little boy, my others are 8, 5,3 and 2, pretty close together the last 4:haha: I have 3 girls and soon 2 boys.

Yes after 3 kids you dont notice having more :rofl: you already have to be everywhere at the same time!

This pregnancy is a nightmare logistically though, I have a huge subchorionic hematoma thats now a chronic abruption so 9 weeks of bleeding and strict bedrest :argh: So got a nanny:blush: Its nigh on impossible to resist the urge to get up and do it all as so used to doing it myself with hubby working long hours! I also have the 2 in different schools (my son is autistic so goes to a special ed school which means being at the bus outside the house at the same time as at the school for oldest DD:wacko:) and my youngest has rett syndrome so we have early intervention at least once a day so have to clean the house:haha::dohh:

2 year olds are crazy for sure :rofl: They're very funny with it too though:haha:

I'm expecting number five and hopefully having a homebirth thankfully this NHS trust are quite relaxed and open minded and don't class me as high risk. If all goes well my last three ante natal appointments will be at home with the homebirth midwives and then they will come for my homebirth xx

I have 5 children as well and I'm pregnant with #6 :) My children are 14, 8, 7, 4 and 22 months old (my HANDFUL). I have the 2 little ones at home with me during the day and my other 3 I have to have out the door by 745am and off to 2 different schools then pick them up later in the afternoon at 2 different times. I'm exhausted this pregnancy! Besides transporting children, attending high school orientation for my 14 year old, transporting to church activities multiple times weekly, attending school functions & concerts, washing/folding/putting away laundry & cloth diapers, cleaning the house daily, cooking....it can all get very exhausting while lugging little ones with...but I wouldn't have it any other way. Just ready for this pregnancy to come to and end so I can have my energy back and feel ontop of the world instead of struggling daily. I have a wonderful supportive husband but he works all day long but is helpful when he's here thankfully! Big hugs to you all out there...raising large families while having one in the oven isn't always easy!
:hugs: I so know how you feel.. sounds like my daily life, mines are 13, 9, 8 and 4 and they go to 3 different schools so it gets hectic....keep up the good work:thumbup:

I guess that is one perk of home education for us, I couldn't imagine doing the school run especially if it involved several different schools.

My youngest is two he knows an interloper is on the way :D xx

:hugs: I so know how you feel.. sounds like my daily life, mines are 13, 9, 8 and 4 and they go to 3 different schools so it gets hectic....keep up the good work:thumbup:

YES! :) I don't have to do three different schools for another year thankfully! But it's coming :wacko:

hi all this is early days with baby no. 6. my other children are 8, 7, 4, 2 and 1. I hemmoraged after my 4th baby and nearly died so its a very real risk for me. After my last baby they put me on a drip just as i delivered baby and it was hell. Felt like i was still in labour i was in so much pain for the 12hrs it took but i guess its better than being really ill.

i see there is other homeschoolers :hi:

I am pregnant with my first child, but this is number 6 for my man and we have all 5 of his during the week (their mother has them on the weekends). It is crazy hectic around here... Ours are 11, 10, 7, 4 and 2...the 2 year old is in the "mine" stage and doesnt understand that the new baby stuff is not hers. The 4 year old is being soo clingy lately and says she "can't wait" for anything. The 11 year old is trying to be a teen early and is whining over absolutely anything and rolling her eyes...ugh...the 7 and 10 year olds are great lol.

What a breath of fresh air you ladies are!!

I ONLY have 4 and currently ttc #5 secretly lol- because I just know I will get negativity from others about having another (and maybe cos I am 39 too lol)

I cannot wait xxx

hey ladies im pregnant with number 6 i have 5 boys so far and praying for pink this time my boys 12 well on saturday a 9 year old identical twins that are 7 and my youngest is nearly 10months and number 6 is due on my twins 8th birthday :) xx

It's great to see so many other crazies!

The thing I hate the absolute most about telling people how many children we have is the 'do you not have a telly' comment - I always want to say 'yes, we have a telly, but if you think watching telly is more entertaining than doing the deed, i think we need to have a serious chat' :lol:

Ya the look of shock on some peoples faces is so funny when i say its number 6 on the way. Even the doctors when i go for a check up (they dont seem to read my file beforehand) just look up in disbelief.

Hi I know I am not pregnant (yet) but I am trying to conceive no 6 so I hope you ladies dont mind me popping in. My LO's are 12, 9, 8, 4 and 1. I am 30 years old and can't wait to be more nuts. Lol. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->