Mums of boys - help! Willy issues!

I want trying to cause drama. It was a genuine concern :shrug:

I also made it clear I didn't find the content disturbing, but the fact that a brand new poster was trying to engage people by talking about 2 children with their erections in their hands!

Maybe it is a genuine poster and I am wrong, but that kind of thing from a new member makes me cautious. If you met someone in the street and they started talking like that you would walk away, I'm not sure why so many people are happy to join in with a stranger who starts off by talking about personal issues. But yeah, I could be way off and if I am then I will apologise, from an established member I wouldn't have batted an eyelid.

But this isn't the street. It's a forum specifically designed for parents seeking advice.

Agreed. Which imo should make people even more cautious about what they say in response to new members, you really don't know who they are. Meeting someone in the street was a bad comparison, but if you met someone brand new at a parent and toddler group, would you not be even a little bit cautious if the first thing they said to you was about mutual masturbation in children? I certainly would, and it's much easier to make a judgement in real life than it is here. I have 2 teenagers and Internet safety is MASSIVE in our house, I am always talking to them about not believing everything you read, and just being aware that everyone isn't who they say they are, maybe it came from there. I did say I could be wrong, although I have already had an unnecessary dig about it from admin, despite saying I would happily apologise if found to be wrongly cautious.

I didn't post so I would end up having to defend and explain my reasons, I actually thought it was a legitimate point. And in the past I have reported brand new members who have posted things of a sexual nature as a first post and they have been removed. Maybe things have changed around here :shrug:

Well she's been lurking the boards a while and then something shocking and unexpected happened. Was she supposed to give a warm and fuzzy post, wait a few days and then address her concerns? It seems reasonable to me that if something like this happens, a board like this may be the only "appropriate" place to seek advice. You're not going to bring something like this up at a mommy group. You're going to be more likely to use the anonymity of the internet. She clearly didn't join just to post this, but it came up and she needed help.

And if the poster is a troll, it will become clear soon enough and posts can be deleted. However, in the meantime, it makes sense to give the person a chance.

The whole point was that the person DID join to post this. Still like I said I didn't show concern to be drawn into arguments.

I don't think you can blame people for being cautious with things like this. I found parts of that quite disturbing to read tbh, not because I have a problem with the content, but because you are asking people to discuss something personal and intimate as a first post on a parenting forum and my natural instinct is to tread with care
Your natural instinct should be to report it the moderating team either via PM or by hitting report post and sharing you concerns and letting us look into.

Thanks for pulling me up on that, and not nicely either, but I actually did :shrug:
I didn't post so I would end up having to defend and explain my reasons, I actually thought it was a legitimate point. And in the past I have reported brand new members who have posted things of a sexual nature as a first post and they have been removed. Maybe things have changed around here :shrug:

Yes you did, AFTER responding here. You've been around long enough to know just hit report and let us deal with it. If we feel it's to be removed then we will ...

We will always act on any concerns, we always investigate and no we don't just delete based on a feeling or because someone doesn't understand the support question/thread. Just because you don't feel it's right and you can't see the action/investigation into the report doesn't mean it wasn't taken seriously.

Feel free to contact me if you want to discuss it further as continuing the battle on how it was dealt with either way isn't really in line with the support thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->