Mums of two or more- how different are your kids?

Gym knickers

Lucky mum to 2 munchkins!
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity really. I've got two girls with a third girl due in January. My first two girls are completely different in every way and I can't stop wondering wether this next one will be like one or the other or totally different again!
DD1 is tall and fair with pale skin and green eyes, her hair is dead straight. She's always been very cautious, sensible and happy to sit for long periods of time on a sedentary task. She's very sweet natured and easy going but quite serious and thoughtful. She's not hugely independent. She spoke well from an early age but other milestones were average- she's only got better at running, climbing, swimming etc in the last six months and has slimmed out hugely as a result. She's very friendly and sociable.

DD2 is small and short with curly brown hair and brown eyes, she's got dark Mediterranean skin. She's a little firecracker full of energy with no fear and fiercely independent. She can lash out if she doesn't want to do something of if we stop her doing something dangerous. She's very physically able although also has excellent speech, can count to ten, recite alphabet etc. She has the attention span of a flea, she can't settle to anything for long and can still only listen to very short story's before getting bored. She's very loving but quite moody too.

I feel they are so different and maybe having two girls wrongly expected them to be similar- maybe in looks if not personality. They looked similar at birth but now so different!
Are your kids similar to their siblings? I teach one family of 4 who are girl, boy, girl, boy and both girls are identical and both boys but girls and boys completely different! What about yours?

I have a boy and a girl and they look very much alike. There are some baby photos up to about 8 months old that I can't tell apart.
Their personalities are so different though, almost the complete opposite of eachother.

My two older kids are very different. Thomas is loud, clumsy, full of energy, easily scared, by new situations, messy, highly emotional.

Sophie has been a totally different experience. She's calm, laid back, sweet as a button, never had terrible 2's or 3's, never has tantrums, eats anything, is rather careful, quite lazy.

So far Emma is just a textbook baby really, I can't say she has a defined personality yet. A bit like both kids as a baby.

As for looks I think my kids look quite different but strangers can tell they are siblings. They both tan easily and have hazel eyes, though Thomas's are more greeny and his hair is darker. Thomas has full lips and a narrower nose. Emma looks like both of them in a way - had Thomas's nose and Sophie's mouth.

In terms of looks, Leo has a pinker, fairer complexion. He has a narrower face and Violet's nose is more up-turned. Their eyes and mouths are very similar. They're both lean, but I think Leo might be more so. Or at least he was as a baby. Violet was born with dark hair that went blonde and is slowly turning medium brown. Leo was born with reddish blond hair that hasn't changed much in color. Violet has some body to her hair whereas Leo's is straighter. In terms of personality, Leo is more laid back so far. He was an easier baby who required less work to keep happy, slept better from the start, and has had fewer ups and downs in general. Their development has been different too. Violet crawled later and walked earlier than Leo. She also took off with language much sooner than him. His current language ability at 18 months is about where Violet's was at 12 months. Despite the slower language, he mimics more and his social communication skills were better as a baby than Violet's. He's also more independent. When Violet was a baby and toddler, we didn't have to put up gates in the house or worry about her getting into things because she wouldn't wander into other rooms - she didn't like being alone. She also was easily re-directed. Leo on the other hand, isn't as easily redirected and he doesn't mind wandering into rooms by himself. We therefore have a gate on the kitchen. Violet took a long time to throw things (well after 2) whereas Leo has taken quite easily to it and enjoys throwing things. Leo loves anything cylindrical or spherical and Violet had no such fascination although I think she liked cars and other things with wheels when she was about the age that Leo is now.

My oldest has crazy curly brown hair. Is very very much like your oldest. Shes leaning out and is average height.

My middle girl is a little bit like yours. Blonde hair only curly at the e bottom hair like Rapunzel. Has the attention of a flea, is very aloof. Not crazy athletic though, but tall and lean and lighter skin than her Mediterranean looking sister lol. Shes bubbly and the most thought full little girl in the world.

My third girl, shes just over a year she has blonde hair, not fair skin but lighter than her oldest sisters. And looks like it will be just curly on the ends like her middle sisters. She is the funniest toddler ive ever met. She likes to get into everything! But her sense of humour already is so funny. She is very outgoing loves to say hi to people (only if they aren't paying attention) she is very different from my other two, in her own way.

I had the same thoughts as you. My oldest two are polar opposites! What is my third going to be like? Well they are all opposites with different things lol. Its like a big triangle now.

My first two boys are like your girls
Boy one is fairer blue eyes laid back happily to sit and do a task etc calm
Boy 2 has dark eyes and hair darker skin he's hard work so energetic speech is excellent hits smacks doesn't sit still
Boy three is only 8 months old he seems laid back at the minute he has brown eyes like ds2 but light hair like ds1 x

Mine are totally different. Holly has always been very high-needs. She's completely unable to play alone and requires a lot of one on one attention. She has always been very anxious and cautious socially. James is very laid back and happy to entertain himself although he has days where he is very clingy and needs to be picked up a lot.

I have two boys and are very similar you your LO's personality wise. Its always amzing to see how different they are.

I am the oldest of 3, I would say I am more like DS1, calmer, more introverted, able to be alone/sit and do crafts but still requires to be near one of us.

My sister is more like my DS2, never stops, attentions span of a gnat, loud, more extroverted and definalety know their opinions (and hes only 2!!) physically able from a young age.

My younger brother is probably a bit of a mixture. I don't have a third to compare just going by my siblings. I always though environmental factors played the biggest part in determining how we are but after having my two (they are only 19 months apart) I know it is down to more than that!!!

My two are very different, personality-wise. Features, they have a lot of similarities that make it pretty obvious they are siblings, but they couldn't be more different in terms of personality. Jaxon is very laid back, very social, happy almost all the time. Colton has always been pretty needy, clingy, whiny, not very social until he really gets to know someone.

Two daughters who are complete opposite dd1 has olive skin brown hair brown eyes. Dd2 is whiter than white blue eyes with blonde hair. Personality wise totally different both very independent but dd2 is far more adventurous and not afraid to get mucky. Dd1 is serious a little anxious quite literal doesn't like messy things like finger painting etc. Now she's older she might but when she was little it was an absolute no go.

I have 3 girls. Looks wise, they are very very similar! All have light brown/blonde hair, blue eyes (same shaped eyes too) fair skin, slight build, curly hair... you can tell they are sisters a mile away.

When it comes to their personalities, however, they are all so so different. I would go so far as to say dd1&2 are polar opposites in every single way. Dd1 is quiet, shy, quite sensitive, has always listened and done as she is told, was clingy as a baby/toddler.
dd2 is overly friendly, approaches anyone, stubborn and defiant (although her behaviour has improved ten fold recently) and just so so different!
dd3 is somewhere in the middle, although she definitely whinges and cries more than the other two did! I'd say she is more like dd2, a bit wild and very friendly/chatty.

All three have been very advanced, both physically and otherwise. My youngest isn't 2 yet and the things that come out of her mouth are hilarious (you can tell she has two older sisters, put it that way!)

I love how different they are, and look forward to seeing how different or similar they become as they get older

Mine are different. Eldest has a different dad he is more olive and tans well. Looks wise him and Dd1 are very similar. Dark hair and dark eyes.

Dd2 has blonde hair and blue eyes. My girls are very different personality wise too. Eldest 2 are shy...my 3rd not shy at all.

I've loved reading these responses! So interesting to hear about your LO's. Makes me even more excited to meet my newest little one and find out what she's like!

Mine are very different!

My eldest is very independant (only for things he wants to do!), stubborn, wants to be friends with everyone, doesn't take his time with things, loud and needs a lot of stimulation etc.

My youngest is shy, clingy, likes to take her time, will find something and quite happily do it for a long time, helps out, does as she is told (mostly!) and generally quiet but also very outdoorsy!

Looks wise they both have lovely, blonde hair and bright blue eyes. They looked almost identical as babies but are starting to look less like each other now. Apart from looks I would say they are polar opposites!

I have twin boys and they are polar opposites and nothing alike in pretty much anything.
Dominic has warm a Mediterranean skin tone, deep brown eyes and curly brown hair. He is boisterous, friendly and inquisitive, never sits still and never stops talking. He is very observant and wants to know everything.
He likes to push the boundaries and get a reaction and very insistent on getting his way, especially when tired. But he is also very caring and loving and has such a good heart. For example, he always remembers that my mum has a bad back and knee and will ask solicitously after how they are and how she is feeling. He will bring her blankets to make her feel better.
He is not cuddly and will only give lighting fast hugs but will kiss me frequently during the day. He tells me he loves me all the time and says that I am pretty, that he likes what I am wearing a lot.
He gets quite fragile when tired and falls asleep quite quickly but wakes earlier too. He loves his food and will eat pretty much everything on offer. He is overweight.
He loves dinosaurs and cars and wants to name all the brands.

Sebastian has a very pale skin tone, you can see the veins through his skin. He has brown eyes but with other colours mixed in. His hair is straight and not as dark brown as his brother's and with reddish highlights in it in certain lights. He is very laid back, much quieter and more spaced off into his own little world. He doesn't discuss what he has seen with us as much as his brother and seems a lot less interested in his surroundings. Though he is friendly, he is not as social or as good with playing with other children. He loves his brother and his family but is not as thoughtful or as obviously caring. He is extremely cuddly and likes to sit on us and lean on us at every given chance. He tells us less often that he loves us but it is becoming more often. He rarely tells me that he likes what I am wearing.
He doesn't push boundaries but can be as stubborn as a mule when he wants something "his way" but it is not on a regular basis any more. Tiredness affects him only in as much as he then wants to walk less and sit on us/be carried more. It doesn't seem to affect his temper at all. He takes longer to fall asleep but sleeps longer in the morning.
He is a very picky eater and always on or below the cut-off mark for being underweight.
He loves pirates.

Oh I am fascinated to see how my two will differ! Juniper is only 3 months old but so far the differences seem huge to me. Looks wise she is pale skinned with pinkish tones, has had dark blonde curly hair from birth and looks like she will keep her pale blue eyes. Her brother had dark hair for the first year and now has unruly blonde hair that is straight on top abd wavy towards the ends. He has intense chocolate brown eyes and tanned skin. As a newborn baby he was hard work, cried a lot and never slept, but smiled at everyone and everything once he could. Juniper is more easy going, slept more (although regressing now!) and cries a lot less, but you have to work for a smile and she looks seriously around her all the time taking things in.

My oldest boy looks like my husband, brown eyes though he has my olive skin. Youngest two have a fairer complexion, lighter hair and blue eyes.
My oldest boy is quite sensitive and can be very silly, he would do things like run away from me in a shop. Much quieter than ds2 but prone to attention seeking. Very caring and loving but not overly tactile. Youngest boy is brilliant when we do everything he wants but will tantrum a lot more! he is a lot louder and outgoing but underneath I don't think he is just as confident as ds1. Dd is one crazy madam and I think will be more like ds2. Didn't sleep as well as the others and is a people person. Loves music and will get up on all fours and dance!

DS (5) and DD2 (1) are very similar in looks and temperament. DD2 is really a blast from the past, it's like having DS as a baby all over again :). DD1 is different to them in looks (although you can tell they're siblings) and definitely in personality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->