Mums to be please be aware of how serious UTI's are. PPROM

oh hunni im so sorry your going through this :( i know how scarey it is :hugs:
i'll be praying for you and your little one, hopefully baby will stay put for a good while yet. thinking of you and sending you loads of luv.
xxxxxxx

Thinking of you and your little one, hope you get cleared up soon
and all works out for you

Last week i was admited to hosp
urine showed blood and protein, i was kept in
and baby was on doppler, CTG had 2 scans and everything
and there NOT ruling out PRE-TERM labour yet for me.
i maybe given steriod injections to boost babies lungs for early arrival

I taught was just a simple stupid infection i had
my symptoms were weeing more often and not much happening
started off as a pressure pain in lady area, gradually turned into a Stinging sensation... and pee was more yellow and i had some yellowish DC too yuck!!

i was on anti-biotics there for few days tey finished monday night
my pressure pain has returned. worse now and awful back ache past couple daysa uti can also cause cramps like contractions ..

Im back up tommrow for checkup with consultant and have a funny feeling im going to be admittd again :(

Thinking of you hunny xxx

btw does anybody know if we get tested for UTI automatically? or we should complain about symptoms?

i had checkup on a thur in hosp they tested urine it came bk clear
then from tha sat night i started feeling uncomfie lady area
and then come tue it had turned into a really uncomfie stinging pain
i was worried so rang L&D they took me in

when tested the urine then in hosp,
showed blood and protein, and due to the pains also i was admitted.
and done tests and all. and was put on Anti biotics
they spoke about pre-term labour.

am back up tommrow, still VERY uncomfie down there
have funny feeling i WILL be admitted again..

deffo report ANY symtoms better to be safe
im worried sick about baby now.. xxxx

Hi girls,
Thankyou so much for yr support, I honestly need it.
Im so pleased that people have responded to this, It genuinely makes me feel happier telling people whats happening to me if it could save them from this awful experience.
My UTI was ecoli which is one of the most common ones in pregnancy.
I did not notice any symptoms when i got it but here is something i copied which could help others;

Symptoms of Urinary Tract Infection

Urinary tract infection symptoms vary from person to person, and tend to become worse as the infection progresses. Typical symptoms include:

strong urge to urinate
difficulty urinating, or urinating small amounts
cloudy or bloody urine
urine that has a foul smell
pain or burning upon urination

Additional symptoms that may signal a more serious infection include: fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or abdominal pain.

If you think that you have any of these symptoms or are concerned you may have a uti then contact yr mw or doc, then they will do a test and chase it up if you hear nothing, its better to be safe than sorry.

Georgie x

btw does anybody know if we get tested for UTI automatically? or we should complain about symptoms?

i had checkup on a thur in hosp they tested urine it came bk clear
then from tha sat night i started feeling uncomfie lady area
and then come tue it had turned into a really uncomfie stinging pain
i was worried so rang L&D they took me in

when tested the urine then in hosp,
showed blood and protein, and due to the pains also i was admitted.
and done tests and all. and was put on Anti biotics
they spoke about pre-term labour.

am back up tommrow, still VERY uncomfie down there
have funny feeling i WILL be admitted again..

deffo report ANY symtoms better to be safe
im worried sick about baby now.. xxxx

sweetie, don't worry, you're monitored so closely, everything will be fine. :hugs:

Hi girls,
Im so pleased that people have responded to this, It genuinely makes me feel happier telling people whats happening to me if it could save them from this awful experience.
I did not notice any symptoms when i got it but here is something i copied which could help others;

Urinary tract infection symptoms vary from person to person, and tend to become worse as the infection progresses. Typical symptoms include:

strong urge to urinate
cloudy or bloody urine

Additional symptoms that may signal a more serious infection include: fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, or abdominal pain.

If you think that you have any of these symptoms or are concerned you may have a uti then contact yr mw or doc, then they will do a test and chase it up if you hear nothing, its better to be safe than sorry.

Georgie x

Georgie :hugs: thanks for sharing that. Now that scary that you didn't have any symptoms. I guess I should start asking my obgyn to have me tested automatically every time I am there. Girls, also remember a glass of cranberry juice a day will go a long way xxx

Feel better hon, everything will be okay, fingers crossed :hugs:

Hi girls,

strong urge to urinate
cloudy or bloody urine

Georgie x

thats very thoughtful of you hun, are you on bed rest? i have heard of ladies waters breaking and they still get past 24 weeks some even manage to get past 30 weeks. i really hope this for you :hugs::hugs:
xxx

Thinking of you and your little one, hope you get cleared up soon
and all works out for you

Last week i was admited to hosp
urine showed blood and protein, i was kept in
and baby was on doppler, CTG had 2 scans and everything
and there NOT ruling out PRE-TERM labour yet for me.
i maybe given steriod injections to boost babies lungs for early arrival

I taught was just a simple stupid infection i had
my symptoms were weeing more often and not much happening
started off as a pressure pain in lady area, gradually turned into a Stinging sensation... and pee was more yellow and i had some yellowish DC too yuck!!

i was on anti-biotics there for few days tey finished monday night
my pressure pain has returned. worse now and awful back ache past couple daysa uti can also cause cramps like contractions ..

Im back up tommrow for checkup with consultant and have a funny feeling im going to be admittd again :(

Thinking of you hunny xxx

I too had the pressure pain downstairs and awful backache but i put it down to my pelvic pain. and my wee was more yellow but no stinging. Its good that yr back at the hospital tomoz to be checked over. I have got to have the injections if and when i reach 24 weeks. The hospital did bloodtests on me to check for infections too?
I hope everything goes ok for you i really do
Thankyou
Georgie x

Hi - I'm so sorry about this happening.

I had a UTI just diagnosed three weeks on Friday. This means I actually waited nearly 9 days to get the results from the hospital. I was able to organise anti-biotics that evening. 17 days later I had a call from my midwife to tell me she'd only just got the notes from the hospital and I needed anti-biotics. I had no symptons what so ever which is the most worrying thing because if I had pain I wouldn't of waited 9 days to get my results. I just assumed I was ok so don't wait for the hospital or mid-wife to contact you, chase them down for the results.

Oh my goodness you poor thing :hugs: fingers crossed for you I will be thinking of you and the baby!

Thank you for posting this! I'm sure I've had a UTI for the last 2/3 weeks, I;ve had blood and protein in my urine and no one has said anymore about it!!! I've had all the symptoms but I assumed the midwife and gp would have said something. I'm back to the GP on thursday and I will mention it again then. How scary. I hope the babies will be ok.

xxx

Hi girls,

strong urge to urinate
cloudy or bloody urine

Georgie x

thats very thoughtful of you hun, are you on bed rest? i have heard of ladies waters breaking and they still get past 24 weeks some even manage to get past 30 weeks. i really hope this for you :hugs::hugs:
xxx

Yes im on complete bedrest at home until i hopefully reach 25 weeks then i will probably have to stay in hospital until the baby is born. The doctors have told me that some peope make it past 24 weeks which is viability age, but usually deliver very early so the baby will still be very poorly, its such a difficult situation because you want so many answers and to be told something positive and no one can give me that. All i can do is hope, and if the worst really does happen to tell myself that there must have been something wrong with it.
Nature has a very cruel way
Thanx Georgie x

Hi girls,

strong urge to urinate
cloudy or bloody urine

Georgie x

xxx

Yes im on complete bedrest at home until i hopefully reach 25 weeks then i will probably have to stay in hospital until the baby is born. The doctors have told me that some peope make it past 24 weeks which is viability age, but usually deliver very early so the baby will still be very poorly, its such a difficult situation because you want so many answers and to be told something positive and no one can give me that. All i can do is hope, and if the worst really does happen to tell myself that there must have been something wrong with it.
Nature has a very cruel way
Thanx Georgie x

I know hunni, my waters broke early with my baby boy, i can fully understand all those feelings your getting and all the questions you want answers for :hugs:.
their was 2 things the doctor told me that i think helped (although not long enough for me but that was because i had an abruption and infections aswell as prom)
one was that it has been known for women to even make it past 30 weeks on full bedrest after prom. The second was to try and relax and although its very hard try and be possitive as he believes that this does help.
:hugs:

xxx

The week before I had alex i had a UTI which was far more painful than ive had before. I didnt get this one checked out and had alex a week later.

We dont know the reason why she was early, but thinking back i could point out a few things which could have contributed.

UTI's, and thrush, get it all seen to immediatley and dont assume its fine if the pain goes away!

to the OP I op you can hold out til 24 weeks babe- we are here in the Premature babies section if u need advice!:hugs:

Girls, also remember a glass of cranberry juice a day will go a long way xxx

That is something I will do if i ever pluck up courage to have another child. Thank you.

hi im just bumping this thread up so more and more women can see this. Im so sorry this has happened and i know i personally didnt think UTI could be that serious. I forgot to take my urine in to be tested at my mw app the other day but going to ask my doctor to do it monday as i have an appointment then.

hope you and LO Hang in there sending my best wishes

xxx

Its nice you give this info to women but please, it is making me worry like heck and sometimes i dont want to read in the second trimester forum due to worrying sources.

Georgie :hugs: thanks for sharing that. Now that scary that you didn't have any symptoms. I guess I should start asking my obgyn to have me tested automatically every time I am there. Girls, also remember a glass of cranberry juice a day will go a long way xxx

true about the cranberry juice i drink it regularly it doesnt taste great though but is good for the urninary tract

xx

I have my fingers and crossed for you! I have hope that your baby will make it through!!

I wanted to add about the cranberry juice ... I take a cranberry pill twice a day. It's perfectly safe during pregnancy and it's even better for you than the juice as it's concentrated without any sweeteners or sugars! Get a jar of cranberry pills, seriously! I used to take them before I was pregnant the minute I started feeling a little bit "off" down there and it always prevents me from getting a yeast infection or a UTI!

Its nice you give this info to women but please, it is making me worry like heck and sometimes i dont want to read in the second trimester forum due to worrying sources.

I don't think it's intended to make folk worry, just to watch out. There are many threads out there of similar natures, it's just somewhere we can share our stories, whether they be good or bad.

THANKYOU for sharing this, you must be going out of your mind, my hind waters leaked in my last pregnancy and because it was on and off they did not diagnose me until too late, i was working as normal etc, i gave birth at 22 weeks. i really really wish you the best of luck, and thankyou for the tip about cranberry tablets. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->