Mums to be please be aware of how serious UTI's are. PPROM

georgiebondx

Reaction score
Hi.
Im now 20 weeks gone and last thursday i started to leak. i didnt even think anything of it at first, if anything i thought hmm have i just wet myself??
I had to go to hospital, where they done a speculum examination.
The doctor and midwife both stood there shaking their heads and then told me that i had suffered from (Preterm Premature Rupture if Membrane) PPROM and there was a masssive chace that i would go into labour that night and the baby would definately die.
I absolutely broke down, it has to be the worst thing ever to find out, particulary when yr this far down the line. I always took for granted the 12 week milestone.
I was in hospital till yesterday, they have told me there is a very small chance that the baby will make it and im half way mentally prepared to go into labour now.
Im at a huge risk of infection too.
Its so hard to accecpt because i can feel it moving about right now and iv seen it waving its tiny arms around and heard its little heartbeat. I feel so much for anyone that has had to or will go through this because it is absolutely soul destroying.
People say just try not to think about it but how can you do that?
Im keeping both my fingers and my legs crossed that i make it to atleast 24 weeks so the baby has a slight survival rate.
The reason it happened to me was because i had a UTI that my midwife had not noticed and it had turned really bad and weakened my sac.
I did not realise that i had a urine infection i was getting pains in my back but i suffered with pelvic girdle pain so i put it down to that.
Im terrified other mums to be will go unnoticed like i did.
I hope other mums to be will read this and take it in, and if you get an ache or pain that yr not sure of get it checked out, iv now learnt its better to worry about these little things than to put it down ' thats just my body adapting for the baby'.
Georgie x

omg hun my heart goes out to you really does and i have everything i mean everything crossed firmly for you hopefully baby holds on... cant believe a urine infection could do that were all getting weird pains that you put down to being normal whilst pregnant so if i was you i wouldnt of been checked out either but thanks for making me more aware hun.. and please keep me informed..

take care of you and baby all my love to you and family, good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh babe! :nope:
I'm so sorry you're having to go through all this.
I don't really know what to say. Fingers crossed bubba will make it!
My thoughts are with you through this difficult time.
Thanks for making us all aware or how serious UTI's
can be. :hugs:

xXx

I had a UTI and had to go to hospital as i was getting contractions (or what i thought to be contractions) MW tested my urine and it was a UTI which can cause contraction like pains. UTIs are quite dangerous so please get checked if you think you may have one!
Georgie thanks for posting this and i hope you and baby stay strong :) xxx

i have everything crossed for you and your little one honey. thanks for bringing this to our attention. much love.

abz xx

How scary! My fingers are crossed for you and your LO.

Sending you love and hugs!! :hugs:

When I had my urine tested a couple of weeks ago the midwife told me there were traces of blood in it and I might have a slight infection even though I was showing no symptoms.

Nothing has been done about it but I'm worried now.. What should I do??

So sorry to hear this, I hope all goes well for you and you manage to hang in there.

I for one know how serious they are too. I was 38 weeks preg just before xmas day, when I started having what I thought were contractions. I visited the GP, who said it was indeed early labour (never examined me) and sent me home to 'get on with things'. That night I went into the hospital, for them to examine me and tell me I was only 1cm dilated, and not in active labour. Go home. These 'contractions' wore off, and I spent the next few days feeling unwell, but thought it was just the early labour. Then xmas day came, I was ill thoughout, couldn't eat my dinner, and went home early with my OH and straight to bed. The next few hours I don't remember any of, my mum said she got a call from my OH saying I was rolling round the bed, sweating, shaking, and crying in pain. They had called the hospital and they said an ambulance was on it's way. FOUR hours later, it arrived and they whisked me off, straight to the ITU as I was gravely ill. After many tests they concluded I had had a UTI which had progressed and poisoned the rest of my body. This shoudl've been picked up the week before at the GPs or the hospital, but noone tested me. They said I would deliver the baby that night, and there was a good chance I wouldn't survive. Luckily tho I responded well to the antibiotics they pumped into me, and help on to Luke for another 2 weeks, when he was born prefectly healthily.

It was probably the scariest thing that's ever happened to me, and again, caused by a simple UTI that wasn't picked up. We really need to be more aware!!

xx

OMG hun how scary, im so sorry this has happened,

thanks so much for thinking of others and letting us know just have bad UTI can be, i hope with all my heart that your little one hangs in there

ive read lots of stories of womens waters breaking very early and them staying pregnant untill baby has a good chance, i pray that your baby does too

x x x x x x

Oh no....thats awful babe. I will say a prayer for you and you LO and ill keep the fingers crossed for you.

Its so easy to assume everything will be ok after the 12 week hurdle and this just shows you how dangerous UTIs etc can really be.

I really really hope everything works out for you xxxx

Thinking of you and bubs, sending you lots of love!
Thank you for bringing awareness to this!
Fingers crossed everything will go well for you
Keep us updated on any news
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

im so sorry for you :hugs: thank you for being so brave by trying to bring attention to this for other mums... I have everything possible crossed for you and bubba .. please sit tight little one!!! :cry:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh god keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Are there any symptoms of UTI for us to look out for?

Xx

Oh god keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Are there any symptoms of UTI for us to look out for?

Xx

This happened to me last year too :( im praying your baby makes it :hug: xx

So sorry to hear you have been through this...

I am under consultant care because of frequent UTIs in the past so am aware of how dangerous they can be - I have answered a lot of posts from ladies who are more concerned about taking antibiotics for a UTI than the actual UTI - I cant stress enough how the consequences of a UTI are much worse than taking antibiotics xx

oh gosh you must be so terrified, poor girl. Fingers crossed for you and your little one. Please don't blame yourself, sometimes these things are hard to spot. Good luck hunni xxxx

btw does anybody know if we get tested for UTI automatically? or we should complain about symptoms?

thankyou so much for this post...i was unaware of how serious a UTI can be. i really hope that everything works out for you in your favour...please do keep us in the loop about how things go x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->