Mums to be please be aware of how serious UTI's are. PPROM

Its nice you give this info to women but please, it is making me worry like heck and sometimes i dont want to read in the second trimester forum due to worrying sources.

Its important to know honey. There were a few threads about things in 3rd tri which I now wish I read but didnt, as I didnt want to tempt fate, so to speak.

Its not there to scare you - threads like this are only created by people who experienced it and just want others to learn from it, and prevent it.:hugs:

Of course theres many scary things that can happen in pregnancy - but wouldnt you rather be prepared in case?

thats so scary. They dont tell us of the dangers of uti. I have been treated twice foir utis so far. The only sign i has was increased urination. which is a common pregnancy sympton anyway. On one of the occasions it went to my kidneys which hurt. Always take your sample to your appointments. Now if i dont feel right i take a sample to the doctor. They never mind testing

So sorry to hear you are going thru this, thank you for making us aware and will keep everything crossed for you and your little one xxx

Thank you for posting this, my midwife told me I probably have a kidney infection and has sent a sample of to the lab for testing, I've had a bit of back pain and cloudy urine but no other symptoms, I have a doctors appointment on monday so I'm gonna ask him all about it then xx

Im so sorry to hear this:nope:...Im keeping my fingers tightly crossed...I went into prem labour with my last preg at 23 weeks due to a uTI..sadly my little one didnt make it so Im now carefully monitored and have to submit twice monthly MSU samples.

however..I had a leak at 26 weeks with my first baby but it re sealed and dd was overdue..so please dont lose heart..and its amazing how resilient unborn babies are..Im guessing they will be scanning you regularly and have put you on anti biotics?

Just to say thanks for sharing your experience and hoping everything works out well for you both xx

hun, i hope your little one will hang on a bit longer so that he/she will have a better chance of survival. Good Luck, and please keep us updated.

i had a UTI and went into labour at 32 weeks but thankfully they gave me the shot (i still dont even remember what it was called) but it stopped the progress and my babe held out to 37 weeks for me......................
i am at a loss of words, i feel so bad for you and i really hope that everything is okay

i hope everythings ok x thinking of you. xx

Hey how is everything going?? I'm currently on hospital bedrest because my water broke at 24 weeks (pprom). I didn't have a uti and the cause is still unknown (although I did have a cerclage placed in at 21 weeks due to short cervix). Like someone mentioned b4 although your water broke you can continue to carry your baby but you have 2 remain on bedrest. But once you get an infection or the baby starts to get stressed they have to induce labor. So far me and baby is doing ok, they monitor him 3-4 times a day and I'm on antibiotics just in case of infection. They also gave me steriod shots to help his lungs. I'm sharing my story with you because there is hope, and there have been many woman that have lasted weeks with pprom. Keep us updated!!! Best of luck

Its nice you give this info to women but please, it is making me worry like heck and sometimes i dont want to read in the second trimester forum due to worrying sources.

agreed :thumbup: - I know some things we need to know about, but on the other hand there are so many things that could always potentially happen and you don't HAVE TO KNOW every possible thing that could go wrong. Personally I would rather live in ignorance of ALL possible consequences and hope for the best that my baby will be healthy. Some threads on here scare me half to death and I want to enjoy my pregnancy. But thanks for mentioning the seriousness of UTI's anyway & will take it on board :thumbup:! hope all goes well for you and your baby. x

I apologize to anyone that feels offended by my post. I was just stating what happened to me. I wouldn't wish pprom on my worst enemy. I definitly understand why some of you would ignore certain threads because I used to do the same. But now that I'm having a high risk pregnancy I'm curious about learning different complications and symptoms. Im Wishing everyone a healthy and happy pregnancy

My and my little one's prayers are with you. And thank you for telling us about UTI.

This post was informative,
but to be honest, scared the living hell out of me ):

I have an appointment tomorrow, and the first thing I'm going to tell them about is my speculation of a UTI or something of the sort (since i've had a worry about it)
Although, I may just be worrying too much, but you can never be too sure.

and seekingbaby#1 and georgie,
I'm so sorry the both of you are going through this, I wish you both the best, and you both are in my thoughts,
thank you, seeking, for bringing some positive view into this also

I'm really sorry to hear what you are going through, and I really wish you all the best with your care. I have my fingers crossed and best wishes.

I have to say in regards to UTI's, ladies should be more worried if they are having severe symptoms left untreated - the issue here is that it may turn into a kidney infection which may make you unwell leading to premature rupture of the membranes rather than just the UTI itself.

Any illness or infection which causes your body to be under stress - leading to high temps etc. could potentially cause this. This is why women are regularly tested during pregnancy. The same is also said for vaginal infections etc, which is why women are often tested for these also.

UTI's are very common during pregnancy, premature rupture of the membranes is not in comparison. I don't mean to knock any one down, but I feel it is only right to get things slightly more into perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->