mums who have donated to a milk bank (uk)

wishuwerehere

dh, me and 2dds
Reaction score
My local hospital has a big nicu and their own milk bank. I've been thinking as my supply is good about donating milk. I've got an email address for the coordinator i just wondered if anyone here had done this and if so if i could ask a couple of questions.

How much milk do they expect from yyou? Is it like a regular amount in x amount of time? Because i can express 3oz in about 5 mins so if i expressed 3oz once or twice a day would that be enough? I'm assuming prem babies don't take huge volumes of milk so 3oz could do a couple of feeds? I could do more milk just as a minimum if i don't get more time to express in a day 3oz seems to be really easy for me to produce!
Also will i need to have any sort of health checkups before i donate? Do they do blood tests or anything like that?

They come and chat to you and do blood tests. You express as much as you can and they will come and collect it when you have a certain amount.

Wss. Plus some prem babies only take an oz a day. So it goes further than you think x

If milk banks don't work out, look up Human Milk 4 Human Babies on FB. It's a page which matches parents looking for donors with donors - more of a wet nurse style thing than milk banks where you express - I think the human milk 4 human babies is more you just feed the baby (or express, I think). It's something I wish I had known about a year ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->