• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Mums with navel piercings!

jesssika

Mummy to Charlotte
Reaction score
Are you going to keep the piercing or take it out?

I really don't want to take mine out so I'm going to get a maternity bar, but obviously if it gets uncomfortable I'm going to take it out, I've had it for a few years so it's all healed!

What are the rest of you doing? I haven't found much online (I google search everything :haha:) so I wanna know your opinions!

Hey hun! I took mine out as soon as I found out, a lot of girls I know have had there's stretch even with maternity bars in, and when they got bigger they couldn't even wear them anymore! So mines all out :( Had it for nearly 6 years, it's sad but I can always get it done again, I just don't want to risk the stretch/scar!xxx

Hey there, I also took mine out when I found out I was pregnant. Just didn't want to risk what it might look like after the pregnancy. However I do have a friend who kept hers in with a maternity bar and she is all back to normal now (plus she had twins!). xx

Ah there's so much to go either way! It's really all chance isn't it :haha: I know my skin has a great collagen level so I don't get stretch marks and my skin is nice and elastic-y so I think I'm going to risk it. I hope it works out haha

Thank you both!

In or out, everyone i know.who.has one, has a stretch mark around it. So its up to you entirely. I havebt worn mine since before I found out I was expecting. Lol

I took mine out a long time before I got pregnant. And my belly button just looks weird now lol. So, I'm with foruiholdon.

Im 12 weeks along at the momonet so I havn't taken mine out yet but I think it will definetly be coming it out soon. I think it just depends on how big I get. My friends cousin was hardly showing through most of her pregnancy so she just wore a maternity bar and was fine. I think if your quite small and don't put on loads then you should be fine but if you get really big then I'd take it out. :hugs:

Another suggestion, is you can also put fishing line in it! It's a little less expensive and more flexible than a maternity bar. Mine hasn't been taken out yet :)

Thanks mummyluv :hugs:
ShakeItBaby, I have a 12G piercing so it's a lot bigger than fishing wire :) but that's a really good idea for smaller piercings, I wish I thought of that when my helix ball fell off lol.

I wore mine up until I got into the 20 week range. I've had mine for years as well. I ended up losing it anyhow since the ball fell off, so I decided I wasn't going to wear any sort of barbel anymore. A girl in my school wears the maternity bar and she says it didn't help at all. I'm not sure if it's really worth all the pain since you can just get it repierced after! (Which is what I'm doing) If it helps I've heard putting in a ring might be way more comfortable since the gauge isn't as large.

Even though I've taken mine out, the hole is stretching with my skin. (I mean, obviously your belly is going to stretch out, so that was bound to happen anyways) On the plus side it doesn't hurt at all, and I'm sure it has started to heal. Hope that helps a bit! :p

i kept mine in til around 35 weeks with my first but had brought a maternity bar, it got to the point where my skin was so stretched you could see the bar thru my skin! this time round ive took it already, i've got a scar from where it was stretched last time not that its hardly noticeable but i think keeping it in contributed to it, also find it more comfortable having it out now but thats probably because i have a 3 year old yanking at it otherwise lol!xx

I took mine out, I didn't want a baby bump with a piercing in! I never ended up getting it re-pierced because my OH admitted that he hated it and preferred me without it. xx

I took mine out around 15 weeks, I still got a big stretch mark around the piercing, and the hole got all stretched and gross though:( but my son was a big baby. Im not going to bother putting it back in now.

I was actually about to get one before i found out i was pregnant with my daughter! like, had a date set in mind and found out a week before that date and realized it would stretch out anyway. i think once im 100% back to normal weight im gonna get one though. :)

Im 35 weeks pregnant and I still have my navel piercing in. I changed to the maternity bar when I was around 25 pregnant as thats when my bump first started to really show. I did tell myself though that if it was painful one time or stretched even a little bit, that I would take it out. But i guess I'm just lucky as it hasnt stretched at all, fingers crossed it stays the same :)

Yeah I took mine out as soon as I found out. First of all, since your naval pokes out when you start getting big, I heard it gets really un comfortable. you can always get it redone

I'm 15 and a half weeks and I still have it ladies! Not everyone's pops out though, mstennischick. I've had one too many piercings re pierced and the pain of it going through the scar tissue is just not worth it.. I'm definitely keeping this piercing unless I decide I don't want it!

Im 15+4 and still got mine i . Though at my 12 week scan, the sonographer said she would need it out for my 20 week scan xx

Im 15+4 and still got mine i . Though at my 12 week scan, the sonographer said she would need it out for my 20 week scan xx

Truly? How odd! Did she say why?
If mine asks me to remove it at the scan I'll oblige as ill just put it back in straight after :haha:
But that's strange, I've never heard that they'd have to do that?

I think as baby was being difficult, she had me moving a lot and she was moving the scanner all around everywhere. Maybe it was in her way? Or ahe thought it would be when Im bigger?

Same, I want to try and keep mine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"