Mumtobe1985 Birth Story (sorry very long)

Mumtobe1985

Mummy to Abigail
Reaction score
well it all started on tuesday 2nd november i was lying in bed at 10am and turned over and i felt a wet patch, i phoned my mum who came up and checked and decided i had just pee'd myself lol but i rang hospital just incase and they asked me to come in to check...........

.............i went in about 12pm they confirmed it was my water and to come back at 10pm to be induced as they only leave you 12 hours in the hospital i was giving birth in, so waited all day to see if i went into labour myself but nothing happened so went in at 10pm to be induced...........

.............got there and got told they were very busy so probably wouldnt be able to induce me straight away so we waited about 2 hours for her to come back and say it would be the next morning i got induced so my mum and partner would have to go home and i would have to stay because now i could be left 18 hours rather than just 12 hours........

........8am the next morning (3rd november) a new midwife came and gave me the pessary quite quickly and then said by 2pm if i hadnt progressed they would put me on a pitocin drip, so by 12pm i was having quite strong contractions but just breathing through them by 2pm i was in agony and waited and waited for someone to come do my examination..............

.............by 4pm my partner was getting rather annoyed at the fact no-one had come to see me and i was in agony anyway about half 4 another midwife came to do my examination and when she was doing it i was screaming in pain and got told i hadnt progressed from 2cm so would be going on the drip so i asked if there would be any chance of gas and air but got told no as i was on induction ward and not delivery suite and there was no rooms for me to go into (was like sorry no room at the inn)...............

...........i eventually got into a delivery room about 6pm and waited untill 7:30pm to get a drip put into me to help me progress about an hour after i got the drip the contractions started coming fast and painful but still bareable so i was just breathing through them until about 1am 4th novemeber i decided on gas and air...........OMG that stuff was amazing and made me laugh my head off my mam and partner nearly wet themselves at me............

...........they examined me again about 2am and again this hurt so much as i was contracting while they were doing this and i was on almost the highest dose of pitocin they could put into me and my contractions were very irregular and got told i was only 3cm dilated and i broke down my mam really pushed me at this point to get the epi as she knew i couldnt take another one of those examinations plus the aneathnetist wasnt busy i was terrified of getting this so was shaking like a leaf but it really wasnt bad at all and was amazing relief............

................by 4am they examined me again and said to me we have progress but your still only 4cm and they went out the room and came back and said they had spoken to a doctor who said to check me again at 7am and if no progress they would come in and discuss other options..........

..........i knew by this they meant c section and i really was terrified of having a c section, i fell asleep and it came to 7am and i totaly freaked out one of my legs had went deader than the other and i was really freaking out i honestly think this was the thought of having a c section playing on my mind........

........the doctors came in and examined me and told me i was still only 4cm dilated and c section was the only option now as i could take alot of hours to get to 10cm and the baby was at risk of infection as my waters had been broke nearly 48 hours, i agreed and signed for an elective c section but within minutes i became an emergency as the surgeon was not willing to risk me going any longer i got took to theatre...................

.............our baby girl was born @ 8:48am weighing 6lb 13oz on 4.11.2010 she is totaly amazing we love her to bits...........

i know this is a horrible birth story but this is due to lack of care by the staff on the night time and next day the midwives who were going to deliver me were the nicest 2 women i could have ever asked for and made us feel very comfortable and not every birth is like this so please dont let it put you off.......

i am pleased to show off our little girl Abigail Isabella Lowes

Attachments

• abigail.jpg
    abigail.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 42
  • abigail2.jpg
    abigail2.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 44
  • abigail3.jpg
    abigail3.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 47
  • abigail1.jpg
    abigail1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 43
  • abigail4.jpg
    abigail4.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 54
Congratulations hun shes gorgeous, im being induced tomorrow and im so nervous but excited too!

just came over from 1st tri and read your story...yes scary i agree. Congrats on your beautiful little girl...she is an absolute angel, she gorgeous xoxoxo Beautiful names too!

wow @ it being nearly 48 hours and things still weren't progressing for you.. you made the right choice honey. And congrats because you have an amazing lil girl.

Congratulations hun - sorry you had such poor care and didn't get the birth you wanted - but your baby is gorgeous :hugs:

Lol xx

thankyou for sharing your story!

congratulations! :flower:

shes a beaut!

such a pretty little thing! well done x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member