Murray ??

iluvcocopops

Mum to Molly-Rose
Reaction score
I know Murray is usually a surname, but what do you think of it as a first name for a boy?

It just popped into my head, so won't be too offended if you guys don't like it 😊

this is a very popular first name in Scotland. I like it. x

It's cute, I like it! Will also work well for a grown man though, so I think it's a really good choice. :thumbup:

Im a a massive flight of the conchords fan. All I can hear and think of is 'Murray, present'

I heard the Cheer Up Murray song!

You've got a do ooooog (he loves you Murray) It's one hell of a dog (an Eeeenglish bulldog!)

You've got all of your limbs!

Haha never saw that film, but I am a huge Bill Murray fan...that's how the name popped into my head. Hubby doesn't like it though, so back to the drawing broad I think 😁

Murray is a hugely popular first name for men in their 50's in New Zealand, like Garry, Steve etc. I don't personally like the name, but only because I associate it with a boyfriend of my mums that I hated.

From watching Sesame Street (lol!) I can see that Americans pronounce it a lot differently to how I've ever heard it said. More like mer-ree (mer as in mermaid) whereas is only heard it said with the mu being like the mu in mud. So more like muh-ree.

I like it..not weird but not super common! Don't know if you are familiar with The Wiggles but Murray was one of the original members so it's not unheard of here in Australia.

I think it's cute. I also like Murphy which is along the same lines.

Another one who flight of the concords comes in mind for!

https://imworld.aufeminin.com/story/20150818/-740909_w600h800.jpg

It's still a nice name though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"