Mushrooms

A

AppleBlossom

I absolutely detest mushrooms but I still like to give Grace foods that I don't like anyway, like fish and raisins. I have never given her mushrooms before and was just wondering if they had to be cooked? I was going to cook them anyway but are they allowed to eat them raw? Just for future reference. Probably sounds like a stupid question but I've never had to prepare them before!

I found this for you from wholesomebabyfood.com
Most often we are asked about Onions, Mushrooms, Celery, Leeks and Peppers.

These veggies may be sautéed and added to your child's food between 8-10 months old. We do not recommend offering your baby an onion, mushroom, celery or a pepper puree rather we recommend that you add these wonderful veggies to food dishes. Should you decide to offer your baby onions, mushrooms, celery and peppers, please ensure that they are fully cooked, soft, and appropriately sized so as not to pose any choking hazard.

It is most important to cook mushrooms for your baby's food. Mushrooms as we all know are fungi and cooking helps ensure their safety.

These veggies do not pose a high allergy risk however there may be certain digestive issues in a sensitive or delicate tummy. We think that these veggies are best served in soups, casseroles, noodle/rice dishes. Our babies loved sautéed mushrooms with sauteed spinach. This would be for the older baby (10 months +) due mostly to the spinach.

Thanks, I figured as they are fungi they shuld be cooked. I'll start putting them in her meals now then :)

In the UK sliced raw mushrooms are one of the many vegetables recommended as finger food snacks for toddlers, but you can always cook them if you're not sure.

I give my LO mushrooms, but always cooked. I've read that its fine to give them raw as they are grown differently in the UK (??).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->