Music

jenny82

Reaction score
Has anyone got good links to downloadable meditation/yoga/relaxing music for birth? I can't really afford to be buying music at the mo but finding stuff online is tough.

depends on whether you want to do it legit or not LOL

If you use torrents you can find rainbow relaxation CD's

I actually forgot about podcasts until OH suggested it! I found some good podcasts - just have to weed through the crap ones and find some gems ;)

lol

I used natal hypnotherapy CD's to some degree in pregnancy (I had the VBAC ones) but to be honest I knew I wouldnt listen to them in labour.

'Relaxation' music just isnt my bag and nothing I listen to felt right so I made hubby put my fave film on, Apollo 13 LOL!!

The MW did chuckle!

But we all have a film that we put on over and over and will calm us down without fail just to sheer familiarity and Apollo 13 seemed right to me (I <3 Tom Hanks and ANYTHING space related).

It finished by the time I got transfered to hospital so Stanley didnt quite enter the world to be greeting by Tom Hanks LOL

I listen to a lot of relaxation music in yoga and it does help me zone out a lot. I have some livelier stuff for the initial stages of labour but nothing for the hospital. I do have a hypnotherapy cd too but I don't want talking over it - I just need the music!

During my birth the last time, the MW had the radio on and I hated it but was too in the middle to ask her to switch it the feck off! Am trying to be more organised and have the music ready to go this time..

i want ideas of relaxing songs more than music (not into whale music etc LOL)

so far all i have is 2 ideas :dohh:

enya - only time
jose gonzalez - heartbeats

anyone else have ideas of similar songs?

and air - all i need!

Massive attack was on my list. Errr other ones too but they're on my other laptop. I'll have a look later and let you know :)

supermassive black hole by muse :rofl:

Ooh the music made me so relaxed in labor last time (the pethidine helped too hehe) but we had a 3 hour playlist which I think I'll be using again this time. It was a chill out complilation including; enya, jack Johnson, bjork, 'into the wild' soundtrack, Michael buble, Sarah mclachlan..it was lovely. Might add a bit of Ellie goulding to it.

https://boomkat.com/downloads/221513-rameses-iii-i-could-not-love-you-more

I had this CD when LO was really tiny and we used to play it to him all the time. OH only suggested it last night for the hospital and its perfect for me. Really soothing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->