Muslim women

Salaam, I'm so glad to come across this.. On Pakistani origin, 25years old born Muslim but only started to practice Islam when I was pregnant with my first dd, and alhumdulilah since then me and my hubby are becoming better Muslims. I pray and wear hijab and jilbab now alhumdulilah... We performed our umra last year as a family holiday and it was the best experience of my life... I had just found out I was pregnant the night before we left and my dd was 2 n half at the time, and she loved it soo much masha'Allah..

I was really looking forward to Ramadan but I really struggle with fasting, and feel so guilty for not keeping them this year, I'm too scared to attempt them too, I know Allah has given me this ease but I still feel bad... I would like to attempt them, has any1 bf tried them??? How did it go???
I'm glad you all mentioned about decorating the house, I need to do some activities with my first dd to make her more aware about this month, she goes to private islamic school at the mo..

And Ramadan Mubarak to my beautiful Sis.,

Ramadhan mubarak to all of you too:) may allah giv us sabr and we do sukr (be thankful) for all the food we hav been blessed with:)

I live in the UK and have fasted ever since i remember, from around 6 or 7 years old (mashaallah) both DH and i pray our salat 5 times a day and try to keep an islamic environment for our daughter to grow up in:) i hav been raised that way by my parents and am trying to do the same with my daughter, inshaallah:)

I'm bfing my 3month old daughter, i have attempted to keep two fasts so far but as u all know bfing is thirsty work! Weather is very warm at the moment so makes it twice as hard. My DH has told me not to fast as it affects my health and may affect milk which will affect LO. Inshaallah i'll try and keep as many as i can and the ones i miss will make them up later on in the year when LO is a bit older:)

Good luck to all you ladies on here who are fasting. I will be popping in every so often ti stay in touch with you all:)

Loveoy to meet you all:) xxx

Hi and Salaams all

Ramadan Mubarak! I am an 'indigenous' English Muslim; I am a convert but officially converted at 15 and have realised more recently I was Muslim since I was 12 as I said my shahadah then and was slowly starting to be practicing but thought it had to be with witnesses (in the school of thought I follow I have found witnesses are optional for purely practical reasons and not a religious requirement), I have traced my ancestry and I have Yemenis who lived in Moorish spain as some of my direct ancestors and they were also closely related to some of the sahabah MashaAllaah. I will also not be fasting this year due to my son being around 90% still BF (and I believe that except for medical reasons BF is obligatory in Islam so don't want to jeopardise that) and having chronic fatigue syndrome; so fasting would most likely have a detrimental effect on both my milk supply and overall health based on past experience. My OHs 'native' cuisine is an amalgamation of Arabic, Indian/Bangladeshi/Sri Lankan and African but he isn't keen on any of it as it tends to be onion heavy and he is not an onion fan but we've just ordered the online shopping and will be preparing some light and healthy iftars.

For Eid; due to silly cultural reasons OHs family don't tend to celebrate much (yet every evening during ramadan is like a massive feast!) so we have to make our own celebrations; in the past we've taken the kids to the zoo or the aquarium or on a cruise on the thames; also we buy them new fancy thobes (traditional Arabic dress) though we have loads of new unworn ones this time as OH got loads from abroad last time he went that were several inches too long at the time, we also get sweets and cakes and nice pizzas etc to eat though the kids being sensible want healthy treats this time. I also print colouring pages off the internet and we make our own decorations. In the past OH would usually end up working on eid itself but with his new working hours this is unlikely so hopefully he can join in this time xx

Asalamalaikum sister wow what a lovley large message :D it gets me excited reading hehe and thanks for your post, i understand about your not fasting alot of people have reasons why they cant fast and no one else should judge them for that it is between them and ALLAH so i do understand :) hopefully you can fast next year INSHA'ALLAH , and thats exciting you traced your ancestory how did you go about doing that? and oh wow about your oh not liking onions because that really is the base of all the dishes that would be a bit difficult to stay away from that cuisine because its so delicious but at the same time he doesnt like onions , and that sounds good about light and healthy iftars people tend to gain weight in ramadan ahaha even though it shouldnt be that way neccisarily i have a funny youtube video on this matter its like a small cartoon i think you would enjoy aha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNfQNRpIw4E&f
i just giggled when i watched it :D we dont tend to celebrate that much as well because our whole family is not with us and no children yet so its not a huge thing as it would be, but i do henna and small things for enjoyment..ooh arabic traditional dresses are nice where is your oh originally from?? thats so nice about the decorations and all great ideas :D and i hope your oh is able to joing you and he gets off work...he could say its a religious holiday his work would have to give him off .. take care ALLAH HAFIZ :hugs:

hahahaha that video really cracked me up will show it to OH, my husband is middle eastern but mixed of all different nationalities and he has links to East Africa as well. I traced my ancestry back a certain way and a couple of branches of my mum's family are from this big, historically quite famous family that came from Norman france originally and were quite noble in medieval times but gradually ended up becoming farmers and then owners of small parcels of land and then over the centuries became poorer and more ordinary; and some of the women who married into that family (my many times great grandmothers) were descended from royalty including royalty in medieval spain, and the Muslims would often intermarry with them to prevent wars and strengthen ties between different communities, what we found originally as a few of the names were wrong and we couldn't find anyone with those names and dates didn't add up either but my husband has an old Arabic genealogy book by Ibn Hazm and we found the correct guy I am descended from whose line of descent goes back to the himyarites (very ancient yemenis). I do quite a few people's trees and I find around 50% of people with British or other Western european ancestry can go back very, very far as the paperwork is good, also interestingly the mormon church have documented a lot of lineages as well.

Ramadhan mubarak to all of you too:) may allah giv us sabr and we do sukr (be thankful) for all the food we hav been blessed with:)

I live in the UK and have fasted ever since i remember, from around 6 or 7 years old (mashaallah) both DH and i pray our salat 5 times a day and try to keep an islamic environment for our daughter to grow up in:) i hav been raised that way by my parents and am trying to do the same with my daughter, inshaallah:)

I'm bfing my 3month old daughter, i have attempted to keep two fasts so far but as u all know bfing is thirsty work! Weather is very warm at the moment so makes it twice as hard. My DH has told me not to fast as it affects my health and may affect milk which will affect LO. Inshaallah i'll try and keep as many as i can and the ones i miss will make them up later on in the year when LO is a bit older:)

Good luck to all you ladies on here who are fasting. I will be popping in every so often ti stay in touch with you all:)

salaam sis,

how is the lo dealing with the milk supply? has it effected at all?... i would like to start keeping them on friday insha'Allah..
i have been keeping them since i was 7 aswell.... my family is more liberal though but last few years we are all starting to go more into islam and have started practicing alot more.. would like to take my dd to tarwee prayers insha'Allah, she loves visiting the mosque.

As salaamu alaykum ladies,

Ramadhan mubarak to all...

Jus thought i would introduce myself

Im 23 years old, born muslim and of Kashmiri origin... I was born in the UK though...moved to bham from manchester 2yrs ago when i got married.

Ive been practisin islam properly for about 3-4 yrs alhamdulillah n hope to bring lo up in an islamic environment..

Lovely to see few other muslim ladies here, btw summer rain i think we may follow the same school of thought.. Lol xx

Assalam alaykum,
My name is Alisha and I am 31 years old. I have been a Muslim for almost 2 years now. I am the only Muslim in my family, which has caused a bit of a rift. I met my DH shortly after becoming Muslim and we have been happily married ever since. We live in Ohio in the US. Our first LO was born on June 25th, so I am still in nifaas, which is keeping me from fasting and praying. Inshallah, I will be able to start praying tomorrow since it will be the end of my 40 days. My milk supply is a bit wonky, so I will not be fasting this year, but, Inshallah, will make it up when I can.
I have decided this Ramadan to learn more about my religion. I found a great website called Islamic Online University. They have diploma courses that they offer for free. I have found that the information matched up to my preferred scholars, so I am thoroughly enjoying the courses. I also like to listen to lectures or watch videos on kalamullah.com.
My DH is originally from Morocco and has been Muslim all his life. We lived there for about 8 months last year, so I was able to celebrate my first Ramadan in a Muslim country, Alhamdulillah. It was amazing. I could hear the athan from so many masjids right from my livingroom. Everyone fasts and everyone wears hijab, so you do not feel so alone.
I have been lurking here for about a year now, but only recently signed up. I come on this site about 3-4 times a day now, but was constantly on here when I was pregnant. I hope to start TTC as soon as possible since I got a late start on having kids. I would like to have a large family, Inshallah.
Alhamdulillah, my DH does not put much stock into big iftars, even though it is the custom where he comes from. We eat simple foods and put our time into worship instead. He does not like for me to spend hours cooking, but would rather me use those hours to pray, read, learn Arabic, or anything else that will improve my deen.
Well, now that I have written a novel, I will close. I hope that everyone has a blessed Ramadan that strengthens your iman and allows you to grow closer to Allah.

Ramadhaan Mubarak to all. I too am not fasting as I am still breastfeeding and get light-headed each time if I don't drink afterwards. I really miss tarawiix prayers as I have been going for a long time. I am 23, and have a 2month old. Nice to have a sisters section.:thumbup:

Salaam, I'm so glad to come across this.. On Pakistani origin, 25years old born Muslim but only started to practice Islam when I was pregnant with my first dd, and alhumdulilah since then me and my hubby are becoming better Muslims. I pray and wear hijab and jilbab now alhumdulilah... We performed our umra last year as a family holiday and it was the best experience of my life... I had just found out I was pregnant the night before we left and my dd was 2 n half at the time, and she loved it soo much masha'Allah..

I was really looking forward to Ramadan but I really struggle with fasting, and feel so guilty for not keeping them this year, I'm too scared to attempt them too, I know Allah has given me this ease but I still feel bad... I would like to attempt them, has any1 bf tried them??? How did it go???
I'm glad you all mentioned about decorating the house, I need to do some activities with my first dd to make her more aware about this month, she goes to private islamic school at the mo..

And Ramadan Mubarak to my beautiful Sis.,

wa'alaikumasalam and ramadan mubarak to you sister :D MASHA'ALLAH thats really great to hear about your transformation into a better practicing muslima it inspires me as well to be better practicing myself and im really also thinking of starting to wear the hijab INSHA'ALLAH, thats so nice you and your family got to go to umra and nice to hear your lo enjoyed so much :D, your not the only one dont worry im sure alot of people struggle with fasting but you should try your best . ALLAH knows best, i havent bf so i really cant relate to that situation but hopefully you can find others here who have or are going through the same situation in this forum ive read a couple ladies that are having difficulty with that so INSHA'ALLAH it will help you a bit you all can support eachother talking to one another :) , yeah i thought it was really nice what some sisters mentioned about the activities for lo im sure you could make up your own activites also to keep your lo interested and learning about this blessed month or anything islamic really... :hugs: ALLAH HAFIZ

Ramadan Mubarak sister :D and yes i agree SUBHAN'ALLAH we all should be so thankful of everything really there is so much to be thankful of even small things we dont tend to think about :) MASHA'ALLAH thats so nice that you have kept your fasts from a small age till now :) and its a very good environment for your daughter to grow up in a practicing environment :) thats very good she will also tend to do the same when shes older INSHA'ALLAH, you know to think of it now ive read plenty of women in this forum are having difficulty really breast feeding and fasting so you all can really be a great support system for eachother i cant relate to the situation but its nice to know you all have eachother and can relate to one another in this specific situation :) i really think intention (niyat) is a huge thing and i know you all have good intentions im sure INSHA'ALLAH ALLAH will reward you all alot take care sis :) do stop by any time :flower::hugs: ALLAH HAFIZ

Hi and Salaams all

Ramadan Mubarak! I am an 'indigenous' English Muslim; I am a convert but officially converted at 15 and have realised more recently I was Muslim since I was 12 as I said my shahadah then and was slowly starting to be practicing but thought it had to be with witnesses (in the school of thought I follow I have found witnesses are optional for purely practical reasons and not a religious requirement), I have traced my ancestry and I have Yemenis who lived in Moorish spain as some of my direct ancestors and they were also closely related to some of the sahabah MashaAllaah. I will also not be fasting this year due to my son being around 90% still BF (and I believe that except for medical reasons BF is obligatory in Islam so don't want to jeopardise that) and having chronic fatigue syndrome; so fasting would most likely have a detrimental effect on both my milk supply and overall health based on past experience. My OHs 'native' cuisine is an amalgamation of Arabic, Indian/Bangladeshi/Sri Lankan and African but he isn't keen on any of it as it tends to be onion heavy and he is not an onion fan but we've just ordered the online shopping and will be preparing some light and healthy iftars.

For Eid; due to silly cultural reasons OHs family don't tend to celebrate much (yet every evening during ramadan is like a massive feast!) so we have to make our own celebrations; in the past we've taken the kids to the zoo or the aquarium or on a cruise on the thames; also we buy them new fancy thobes (traditional Arabic dress) though we have loads of new unworn ones this time as OH got loads from abroad last time he went that were several inches too long at the time, we also get sweets and cakes and nice pizzas etc to eat though the kids being sensible want healthy treats this time. I also print colouring pages off the internet and we make our own decorations. In the past OH would usually end up working on eid itself but with his new working hours this is unlikely so hopefully he can join in this time xx

Asalamalaikum sister wow what a lovley large message :D it gets me excited reading hehe and thanks for your post, i understand about your not fasting alot of people have reasons why they cant fast and no one else should judge them for that it is between them and ALLAH so i do understand :) hopefully you can fast next year INSHA'ALLAH , and thats exciting you traced your ancestory how did you go about doing that? and oh wow about your oh not liking onions because that really is the base of all the dishes that would be a bit difficult to stay away from that cuisine because its so delicious but at the same time he doesnt like onions , and that sounds good about light and healthy iftars people tend to gain weight in ramadan ahaha even though it shouldnt be that way neccisarily i have a funny youtube video on this matter its like a small cartoon i think you would enjoy aha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNfQNRpIw4E&f
i just giggled when i watched it :D we dont tend to celebrate that much as well because our whole family is not with us and no children yet so its not a huge thing as it would be, but i do henna and small things for enjoyment..ooh arabic traditional dresses are nice where is your oh originally from?? thats so nice about the decorations and all great ideas :D and i hope your oh is able to joing you and he gets off work...he could say its a religious holiday his work would have to give him off .. take care ALLAH HAFIZ :hugs:

hahahaha that video really cracked me up will show it to OH, my husband is middle eastern but mixed of all different nationalities and he has links to East Africa as well. I traced my ancestry back a certain way and a couple of branches of my mum's family are from this big, historically quite famous family that came from Norman france originally and were quite noble in medieval times but gradually ended up becoming farmers and then owners of small parcels of land and then over the centuries became poorer and more ordinary; and some of the women who married into that family (my many times great grandmothers) were descended from royalty including royalty in medieval spain, and the Muslims would often intermarry with them to prevent wars and strengthen ties between different communities, what we found originally as a few of the names were wrong and we couldn't find anyone with those names and dates didn't add up either but my husband has an old Arabic genealogy book by Ibn Hazm and we found the correct guy I am descended from whose line of descent goes back to the himyarites (very ancient yemenis). I do quite a few people's trees and I find around 50% of people with British or other Western european ancestry can go back very, very far as the paperwork is good, also interestingly the mormon church have documented a lot of lineages as well.

SUBHAN'ALLAH thats very interesting , im glad you enjoyed the video :D hope you and your family are doing well INSHA'ALLAH :hugs:

Im 23 years old, born muslim and of Kashmiri origin... I was born in the UK though...moved to bham from manchester 2yrs ago when i got married.

Ive been practisin islam properly for about 3-4 yrs alhamdulillah n hope to bring lo up in an islamic environment..

Lovely to see few other muslim ladies here, btw summer rain i think we may follow the same school of thought.. Lol xx

Ramadan Mubarak nice to have you join us sister :flower::hugs:

Assalam alaykum,
My name is Alisha and I am 31 years old. I have been a Muslim for almost 2 years now. I am the only Muslim in my family, which has caused a bit of a rift. I met my DH shortly after becoming Muslim and we have been happily married ever since. We live in Ohio in the US. Our first LO was born on June 25th, so I am still in nifaas, which is keeping me from fasting and praying. Inshallah, I will be able to start praying tomorrow since it will be the end of my 40 days. My milk supply is a bit wonky, so I will not be fasting this year, but, Inshallah, will make it up when I can.
I have decided this Ramadan to learn more about my religion. I found a great website called Islamic Online University. They have diploma courses that they offer for free. I have found that the information matched up to my preferred scholars, so I am thoroughly enjoying the courses. I also like to listen to lectures or watch videos on kalamullah.com.
My DH is originally from Morocco and has been Muslim all his life. We lived there for about 8 months last year, so I was able to celebrate my first Ramadan in a Muslim country, Alhamdulillah. It was amazing. I could hear the athan from so many masjids right from my livingroom. Everyone fasts and everyone wears hijab, so you do not feel so alone.
I have been lurking here for about a year now, but only recently signed up. I come on this site about 3-4 times a day now, but was constantly on here when I was pregnant. I hope to start TTC as soon as possible since I got a late start on having kids. I would like to have a large family, Inshallah.
Alhamdulillah, my DH does not put much stock into big iftars, even though it is the custom where he comes from. We eat simple foods and put our time into worship instead. He does not like for me to spend hours cooking, but would rather me use those hours to pray, read, learn Arabic, or anything else that will improve my deen.
Well, now that I have written a novel, I will close. I hope that everyone has a blessed Ramadan that strengthens your iman and allows you to grow closer to Allah.

Wa'alaikumasalam sister :) ramadan mubarak to you :) , and MASHA'ALLAH so nice to see converts but im sad it has caused some sort of rift in your family hopefully they are more understanding now? or are things the same I could see as it would be a big change for them but INSHA'ALLAH things will continue to get easier for you maybe they just need time to understand but as ive read its been 2 years now still thats early but hope they are ok about it .. congrats on your LO :D you must be so excited what a joyous time :) :flower: wow that sounds like a very nice site I will check it out I also have one site which i was going to post in a seperate message but since were talking of sites :) anyone can check it out it also has episodes and live streaming for the month of ramadan lectures etc on different topics its really nice https://www.ramadan.tv/live_stream.php if it takes you to the main page just click video and you can see the live streaming its only for the month of ramadan if your interested :) ill let you know how i find the site though INSHA'ALLAH that you recommended I use to come on here constantly when i was in full TTC mode now im more NTNP i want more then anything to have a child but we have been trying for more then a year i use to think right after marriage i would get pregnant right away as ive seen cousins and family and friends..but nothing....and ive gone to doctors they all say im fine and what not so.. ive kind of just started losing hope its really made me stressed so ive distanced myself from the site but i do love this site and i made this forum so that all muslima sisters could really communicate with eachother and have support if they need it or just for fun anywaysthinking about that really because it breaks my heart but INSHA'ALLAH i really hope i come to conceive soon...thats really great that your husband is more into worship than the food aspect because there is a large majority who are the opposite but MASHA'ALLAH really we should all go about iftar as your going about it :) talk you soon ALLAH HAFIZ

sister alisha_t,
I went to both of the sites you provided ive signed up on the islamic online university MASHA'ALLAH it looks very good however the first part is under changes at the moment but it said it will be back and running in few days anyways im excited about that :D , and also i went to the kalamullah site and SUBHAN'ALLAH what a great site!!! really i was suprised had so much information so much to learn from really it was great ill continue to go there as well theres so many books you can read , Q&A's for women , for brothers its really awsome thanx for recommending these sites :D ALLAH HAFIZ

yes I think we do follow the same school of thought. I am originally from Manchester also but moved to the London area in 2003, would love to live in Birmingham but my OH is doing the London taxi knowledge and has been for several years plus he has a lot od elderly relatives in London, not many masajid in this area of London allow women and most of them follow stuff that is iffy. There are classes but they are held in a community centre xx

yes I think we do follow the same school of thought. I am originally from Manchester also but moved to the London area in 2003, would love to live in Birmingham but my OH is doing the London taxi knowledge and has been for several years plus he has a lot od elderly relatives in London, not many masajid in this area of London allow women and most of them follow stuff that is iffy. There are classes but they are held in a community centre xx

im in north of london.. but im orignally from birmingham... i love bham for the islamic part, there is soo much going on... not much here where i live, like you said "the iffy stuff"... its more cultural than islamic....

Salaam Sisters,
Alhumdulilah have managed to fast for the last 2 days, its not been too bad, milk supply seems fine aswell.... i actually downt feel that drained either... really grateful to Allah...

Salaam Sisters,
Alhumdulilah have managed to fast for the last 2 days, its not been too bad, milk supply seems fine aswell.... i actually downt feel that drained either... really grateful to Allah...

Mashaalah you have done well to fast, its been so hot lately. I too used to be a brummie and miss my family who still live there. The mosques there are so much better than here, i.e greenlane and al-amaana, my fav!. Whereabouts in brum were you? I have pretty much lived all over brum before moving to London last year.

Asalaamalaikum lovely sisters!

Nice to see u all here, Would just like to wish u all Ramadhan Mubarek.
Xx

Salaam Sisters,

Mashallah sis, well done! May Allah swt give you more strength n the ability to continue. Xx

Salaam Sisters,

Mashaalah you have done well to fast, its been so hot lately. I too used to be a brummie and miss my family who still live there. The mosques there are so much better than here, i.e greenlane and al-amaana, my fav!. Whereabouts in brum were you? I have pretty much lived all over brum and finally lived in Handsworth before moving to West London last year.

Wohooo another homie lol... I absolutely love green lane mosque all my family are always there... We live near blues ground so not far from green lane mosque... Never been to al amanaa... I do miss bham feel so lost here!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->