Must Haves

Bowsa

Reaction score
Hi All

i dunno how many times i've mentioned this now lol, but this is my first baby on the way.......

does any have a list of things that we're gonna need and around how much we should spend on each for example: -

pram £250-300

thanks

bowsa

The pram i bought in Essex was £50.. i got it 2nd hand..

The one we're gonna be using here, i got free :)

It depends on how much you wanna spend, if you want new or 2nd hand etc..

Not in the UK myself so no help there, but wanted to let you know that I moved the thread from the General Chatter section (which we like to keep free of pregnancy related things because the forum is for people who are not only pregnant but who are trying to get pregnant, who have had problems getting pregnant, and who have suffered losses). In addition I think you'll get more answers in this area!

I think the must have list is somewhat different for each person. We don't plan on a pram/stroller at all because we live in such a mountainous community it would be impossible to use. But a good sling is at the top of the list.

My list would be:
-crib
-change table
-cloth diapers
-clothing
-blankets
-portable crib (why cannot think of the right name right now!)
-a swing (?)
-carseat

As for cost - the only things we're buying new of the large items are the crib, change table & car seat & the prices vary so wildly it's hard to say what's appropriate.

I have just bought a pram with car seat from an NCT sale for £25!!! They are over £180 new! It's in really good condition.

Why not check your local paper or see if you have an NCT group near you that has second hand sales - to be honest, the expense of some of these items brand new is ridiculous....I mean, a moses basket and stand comes to £80 or £100 and they aren't in them that long!!

My essentials would be

moses baset
bouncy chair
pram
car seat (if you use a car)

I have just bought a pram with car seat from an NCT sale for £25!!! They are over £180 new! It's in really good condition.

Why not check your local paper or see if you have an NCT group near you that has second hand sales - to be honest, the expense of some of these items brand new is ridiculous....I mean, a moses basket and stand comes to £80 or £100 and they aren't in them that long!!

My essentials would be

moses baset
bouncy chair
pram
car seat (if you use a car)

whats NCT sorry bit new to this lark lol

I've got a really long list of stuff to get but alot of it isn't essential - like I want to get a cot mobile, baby bouncer and things but things on my must have list are:

Cot + bedding and blankets,
Soft hair brush, ear thermometer and baby monitors,
Changing mat,
baby bath,
bottles + milk expresser,
Only a few new born clothes including bibs, hats, coat and mittens.

+ a stock of wipes, nappies, cream, cotton wool, baby shampoo, talc powder and calpol for when LO is a bit older.

I really want a baby book too for photos and important info you don't want to forget!! :happydance:

I really want a baby book too for photos and important info you don't want to forget!! :happydance:

sound for everyones help its really good.

with regards to your post green cat about the baby book see my post on another of my topics

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/28052-romance-3.html#post361300

I wouldn't like to list what I've bought or what I've spent. I'm quite embarissed by my inability to control myself. :blush:

If you get a mothercare catalogue from their store they have a checklist at the back. I dunno if the checklist is on the site? Might be worth a look!

any good websites for buying baby clothes ?

if ur from UK..go to mothercare or babies r us (based in toys r us) pick a catalogue up and it has a list at the back of everything u need

x

whats NCT sorry bit new to this lark lol

It's the National Childbirth Trust - you don't have to be a member to go to their sales (I'm not)

If you put it in a search engine on internet I'm sure it will come up with the webiste and I think you can search your local area for groups/contacts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->