• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MW or OBGYN

Holldoll

Mom of 1 Princess
Reaction score
Just wanted to fins out which you ladies prefer. I'm leaning towards the MW, but I have an appointment with the OBGYN on Monday and the MW won't see me until I'm 10 weeks, which kinda bugs me. I have to go take a class before I see her as well which is probably what they substitute as the first visit. Get all the basic questions done with everyone at one time.

I am going the MW route. I just like the level of care I will get from her as apposed to a OB.

I went to a Private Obstetrician with all 3 of my boys and wouldn't go any other way. Because I went private , I got the service I wanted and deserved.
My gyno ( ob) is wonderful I have known him over 11yrs and he has really been fantastic. Any concerns with any of my pregnancies were answered, if I was concerned about "Anything" he saw me "Straight away".

What upsets me, is he no longer does Obstetrics, only straight Gyno work. So I am hopeing if I manage to fall pregnant again he will be able to recommend someone for me.

Do you mean "private" because in Australia the others are run by the govt? Here in CA they are all private. I think I have decided I will see the OBGYN on Monday and talk to him about it. His wife is a midwife so I know that he has an open mind about them. And then on Wednesday I go to the class at the midwife's office, so I'll see who I get more warm fuzzies from.

You don't really get a choice here - it's the midwives all the way

Really I like the ob route. Especially since my first was delivered via c-section. I went through 23 hours of pitocin and got my section. With this one I don't want to chance that I won't know the doc that may deliver my baby

Jess is your OB the one that delivers the baby for sure? That's kinda what I'm worried about.

Do you mean "private" because in Australia the others are run by the govt? Here in CA they are all private. I think I have decided I will see the OBGYN on Monday and talk to him about it. His wife is a midwife so I know that he has an open mind about them. And then on Wednesday I go to the class at the midwife's office, so I'll see who I get more warm fuzzies from.

Yes. If you go with a MW here it is through the public system, and you get a different DR and students with each visit, I didn't want that.
My gyno was wonderful, all the best:hugs:

Jess is your OB the one that delivers the baby for sure? That's kinda what I'm worried about.

I think I know what your worried about. With my OB they are a husband/wife OBGYN's and a midwife, so during your pregnancy you have to see all 3 a few times because you have no idea who you will get when you go into labor :hissy:

At least you get to meet them first! When my mom had my sister it was a dr. she'd never met and she when he pulled her out he exclaimed, "She's a monster." My mom burst into tears, but I guess he meant she was huge. I better know who I have to deal with during it!

I'm worried about my OB's wife. I heard she can be a bitch and Im a VERY emotional person lol

My OB/GYN works along with a midwife so I see both throughout the process. Usually when I call or inquire about something it is the MW that I end up speaking to as the doctor is busy but all of my appointments are conducted by the OB/GYN. I feel safer as she will also be the person who delivers my lil one.

I think at the end of the day all that matters is that you feel comfortable with the person and feel as though you are getting great service/information whether it be a MW of OB/GYN

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->