MW

Any time now wobbs im sure... My MW said I should have done it this week just gone but cos she wanted me to go to that first class she said she would do a home visit on Monday... Id check it out though...

I did my birth plan with mymidwife at 36 weekslast time, though did have one done before then. I jusrt looked at birth plans on the internet

I dont know where you want me to start wobbs but...

The last time I went to see my midwife (baring in mind I have seen a different one everytime) She asked if I had finished the Parent Craft classes yet. I said no, I havent started them yet. So when she asked me why she was shocked as to why I hadnt been informed to go to the October intake, me being me just thought perhaps you had to be over so many weeks. So the MW said that she would do my birth plan with me after my first class...

Soooo... off i trotted to these classes and when I got there looking around I looked rather large compared to every one else... The reason for this being is because they were all due January/Febuary. Its a 4 week do-dah and the last week of it is in my expected week of child birth. The last class is on the Tuesday and im due on the Friday.

So the MW's that run the classes were discussing that over the next 4 weeks they will be discussing things in more detail for us to be able to complete our birth plans when it comes to it and about the labour... Which is absolutbly no use to me as I am due to do my Birth Plan on Monday...

I now know why the last MW i seen was so shocked and suprised I'd been told to go to the Novemember intake.

Any way... To add to the reason why I am disgusted with the NHS servcie I have provided is due to the fact... I have never seen the same MW twice yet. They don't write down notes properly on my Maternity Forms and they just seem like they cant be bothered with you... Its get you in and out for your appointment as soon as possible.. I know not every service is the same but it all adds up and when I do have concerns they speak to me like im stupid.

However I did like the last MW i seen. She seemed really nice and touch wood... She is who I will be seeing on Monday to do my birth plan... however she is on call that day for home births.. But all going well it should be her... and if it isnt... I have no idea when i will be doing my birth plan...

I hope they start to see me every 2 weeks after this or ill be annoyed.

im in the same boat as you --- i scheduled mine and when i told them i was due feb 12th they booked me for them starting like the second week of jan. by then i'd be due any day cause most likely i'm not even going into feb. i'm two weeks ahead and nobody in my family goes full term they all had them about 37-38 weeks ----so like u i' probably wont even finish my childbirthing classes when i deliver as they are once a week for four weeks

I saw the midwife every 4 weeks right up until the end.
I was told at 36/37 weeks that if she doesn't see me before my due date good luck...wtf.
Only when I made it to 4o weeks was I put under hospital care and given my options of Induction or wait and get constant checks.
Turned out my waters went and I had no choice but Induction.

Then I found out the midwives (3) I'd been seeing don't even deal with you when you go into labour, they tend to do the homebirths and you get a complete stranger in delivery.
I even had a shift change whilst in the delivery suite, 9.00am - 6.15pm.

They didn't even discuss birth plan with me, I just wrote in my notes that I didn't want an epidural or any other drugs apart from gas & Air and they were pretty good and stuck to my request, even when I was telling them I wanted a c-section lol.

As long as your in good health and baby is kicking I wouldn't be too concerned :hugs:

Cx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->