My 1st AF has arrived!!!! Now what?

kafs78

Reaction score
YEEEEEHH

FINALLY my first AF has arrived. Took 32 days to come, but she's here.

But now i dont ave a clue how long my cycle will be. I was normally 28days, but this was due to being on the pill. Can i assume i will revert back to a 28 day cycle? Probably not?

Do i still plan that my OV dates will be in 14 days time?????

TTC is soooo stressful, its taking over my life! :dohh:

Kathleen

Its taking over my life to hun :(, i have presumed my cycles are still 28 days and that i OV today, but i am trying to just get as much BD as possible to cover it all lol, all you can do it take it as it comes i suppose. good luck hun and im so glad you got AF :hugs: x

Congrats Hun! I was super excited when my first af showed up too, that lasted about 12 hours. Then I was like "oh yeah, I hate this time of month..." but the first day was almost like the first time, iykwim.

Hey,

I assumed my cycle was 28 days, so I'd say, get active 3 days before untill 3 days after your ovulation. That's what I did and I fell pregnant exactly 2 weeks after my AF started!
Good luck ladies.
x

You could try and look out for fertile signs such as EWCM and high, soft and open cervix. I would recommend charting but it wont tell you when you are going to ovulate, only when you have already ovulated. Getting used to your body and its signs makes it easier to know the right timing.

My cycle changed after both of my mc's. Before my first pregnancy, my ovulation day was around CD28. After my first mc, it dropped down to CD26, then CD22 and stabilized around CD22 until my second pregnancy. After my second mc my Ov day went to CD28 after my first AF and after my second AF was down to CD22. I'm waiting to Ov again, so hoping it will go down to CD19 or so. I would recommend using OPK's and temping to make sure you know when you Ov. You may want to do the OPK's around the time that you used to Ov.

Congrats on getting your first AF. It is a milestone and means your body is getting back on track. It's a good feeling.

Hi Kathleen, its probably different for everyone but my doctor said to expect changes to my cycle for at least the next two cycles. I had a tfmr at 18 wks but apparently its the same for women who have suffered mc. I think it just takes a while for things to settle. Oh and the doctor also told me that even though my af arrived, he suspected I didn't ovulate that first cycle. Hope this helps! Good luck! xx

Thanks everyone.

Knowing my luck i will have a shorter cycle this time round, and miss my "window", so to be sure i bought OPK's today..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->