my 1st real nappy experience!

BeccaMichelle

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
So I'm woken up this morning by the postie with a selection of nappies! I get everything prepped and wait till I know Jessa has gotten all her morning poos out of the way. (I wasn't brave enough to have a BF poo be my first cloth change!)

I decide to start with the Itti SIO because it actually came with instructions! No sooner have I snapped it shut then I see water droplets.. noo! *laughs* despite me having JUST changed her and her still laying on the mat she needed to christin it by peeing immediately, and of course since I was just learning I didn't have it on right yet, I was experimenting with where the snaps should be so it all leaked out all over the outer bit. Less than 40 seconds in the itti and it's back to the wash.

Next up is the fitted Tots Bots Bamboozle. It seems a bit big around the legs but I guess that's what the wrap is for right? I put on the Blueberry wrap and she screams at me. So more messing with the snaps.. trying to make it tight but not too tight, by now she's tired of being fussed with. (I think perhaps I should have gotten velcro ones!:dohh:)

Off for a feed and a nap. She's sleeping in it now so we'll see how it goes! When we change this one I'm going to try the Flip.. I need to find some instructions for my blueberry minky before I can use it... looks like it needs to be stuffed or something... I may be back here with questions!

:happydance:
on your nappies!

are these new nappies honey? if they are they do need a few pre washes, anything manmade like microfibre you'll probably get away with, but your itti, stretchie and others that are cotton will take a few washes before they reach their best. don't be surprised if urine just runs straight of the nappy. :)

:thumbup:

Well they had one... but I was too eager to wait any longer than that!! It's a good thing I have a tumble dryer or I would have gone out of my mind with anticipation!

I'm going to throw it in with the blue towels and give it another go. So worried that the blue itti is going to turn everything blue!

most peeps are finding an overnight soak really good for preping natural fabrics - do a soak tonight with all your nappies and wash and wear again tomorrow you should see a noticeable improvement.

(your probably best using sposies at night until the nappies have reached a better level of absorbency)

aye aye! (makes good sense)

Good news on the tots bamboozles + blueberry wrap. She woke up from her nap, I changed her and we had containment. Back in a 'sposie now while the other reals soak.

Question: Is it always the case that the baby will feel wet till you get her changed or will the absorption that gets better keep her a bit dryer. OR do I need to stick with inserts that actually say they have a stay dry layer? This is going to be a shock to her system as the disposables have always kept her bone dry.

you can use fleece liners which act like a stay dry barrier.

The bamboozle will get completely wet (though you can use a liner in the gusset area)

a pocket nappy tends to have a fleece or similar inside which keeps LO dry. you don't need to use a liner in these but i do to keep in inside of the nappies nice.

Your bamboozle will get soaked, which in some ways is good as it lets them know they have gone and in theory should make potty training easier but it's not good if your LO hates to feel wet as you will be constantly changing nappies. My son will want so many more changes in the day in his bamboozle's than pockets but I still really like them. But my experience with bamboozle's is that you really do benefit from quite a few pre-washes.

Well they all soaked over night so we'll see how we get on tomorrow!

I think I'm definitely going to get a cheap fleece blanket to cut up. Good idea you guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->