• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My baby arrived! - fuller birth story page 2

oooh he's gorgeous!!

absolutely beautiful story and pictures. Congrats!!

xxx

He is SO CUTE!!! With all that sticky up hair he reminds me of a monchichi! (a compliment, I loooooove monchichis)

I also had pain at the front of my vagina/clitoris/urethra when my baby was crowning. I don't remember that sensation at all with my other births. It was absolutely the most intensely uncomfortable sensation!

Congratulations!

I'm trying to figure out what caused it, it was worse than anything else in the whole labour and is the only thing that would put me off doing it all again. It wasn't the position I was in, since I tried three. Was it your first baby you felt it with?

Congratulations and well done you for the size of him to the size of you :D xxx

Awwww congrats hun, he is sooooooo cute xx

He is SO CUTE!!! With all that sticky up hair he reminds me of a monchichi! (a compliment, I loooooove monchichis)

I also had pain at the front of my vagina/clitoris/urethra when my baby was crowning. I don't remember that sensation at all with my other births. It was absolutely the most intensely uncomfortable sensation!

Congratulations!

I'm trying to figure out what caused it, it was worse than anything else in the whole labour and is the only thing that would put me off doing it all again. It wasn't the position I was in, since I tried three. Was it your first baby you felt it with?

No, I only felt it with my 3rd baby. I was on all fours when I was pushing, same-- more or less-- as with my other kids.
I had a 2nd degree tear with my first and that wasn't nearly as unpleasant as "whatever that was" that I felt with this baby. I don't know that I would say it was a significantly more intense level of pain than contractions, it was more that I HATED the way it felt.
He did have a rather large head-- 15 in. so 38ish cm. Maybe that caused the hard crown of his head to be applying so much pressure up front?

What an incredible story! Thanks for sharing!

Randomly, regarding the pain you felt - have you noticed it since? It's something to look out for whenever you and DH feel like getting intimate again. There is a condition called vestibuldynia which can cause intense, burning pain at the vestibule (entrance to the vagina, at the top/front most commonly). I started experiecing symptoms of it just before going into labour with my daughter (we DTD the night before :blush:). Just thought I'd mention it!

Congratulations!

No, I only felt it with my 3rd baby. I was on all fours when I was pushing, same-- more or less-- as with my other kids.
I had a 2nd degree tear with my first and that wasn't nearly as unpleasant as "whatever that was" that I felt with this baby. I don't know that I would say it was a significantly more intense level of pain than contractions, it was more that I HATED the way it felt.
He did have a rather large head-- 15 in. so 38ish cm. Maybe that caused the hard crown of his head to be applying so much pressure up front?

Rowan's head was larger than average, though not so big as your baby's! Only 36cm. Maybe that's something to do with it.

What an incredible story! Thanks for sharing!

Randomly, regarding the pain you felt - have you noticed it since? It's something to look out for whenever you and DH feel like getting intimate again. There is a condition called vestibuldynia which can cause intense, burning pain at the vestibule (entrance to the vagina, at the top/front most commonly). I started experiecing symptoms of it just before going into labour with my daughter (we DTD the night before :blush:). Just thought I'd mention it!

Thanks. I don't think (on a quick google) that that is what it was. It wasn't around the entrance to the vagina, it was further forwards, and not a burning pain, just, intense pain that I can't characterise really. I have been diagnosed with vestibulitis a while back (I think that's what vestibulodynia used to be called), but that's a different sensation from what this was, and comes further inside the entrance to my vagina. I get it if DH doesn't take an hour warming me up before DTD :blush:, but haven't felt it during pregnancy or since.

No worries, just thought I'd mention it. I wonder what the pain was the, interesting! And yes, I think the vestibuldynia is the new word for vestibulitis. Something to do with it being kinda "unexplained pain/discomfort" rather than necessarily being due to inflammation (though inflammation may be involved).

Congratulations! What a lovely story and a gorgeous little boy :D

ThNks for the link to if birth story helped calm my nerves !! Congrats on ur baby boy now I'm sure he's turnin 4?

What a lovely birth..... Thanks for sharing and what a beautiful bubba! Congratulations xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->