my baby doesn't sleep enough

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
I'm a first time mum and my baby is 1 month old. Since he;s born he never slept 18 or 20 hours a day like other babies. He's awake a lot and maybe sleeps only 10-14 hours a day. Sometimes he would stay awake for 4-5 hours which i think it's a lot and then he would get over tired and gets upset because he can't comfort himself and go to sleep.
I don't know what to do. my MIL recommend dummy but i don't want it. Advice please

I read that some babies only do need 10 or so hrs sleep. I know that doesn't help you but if he needs to sleep; he will sleep! Hopefully it'll get better for you as he gets himself into a little routine and starts becoming more alert and tires himself out watching the world!

I read that some babies only do need 10 or so hrs sleep. I know that doesn't help you but if he needs to sleep; he will sleep! Hopefully it'll get better for you as he gets himself into a little routine and starts becoming more alert and tires himself out watching the world!

he's so alert and when he's really tired he would get upset and cries soooo much and then it would be more difficult to get him to sleep.
Anyway, there';s a huge improvement since the first day we brought him home and he's healthy and happy, so i shouldn't worry. it';s just really frustrating to settle him down.

you'll find a trick for settling him. With Ally it's rocking him in his car seat and saying 'shush'...with my neice it was walking really fast with her. Glad there is an improvement tho and hope it continues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->