My baby, Ella, born last week at 33 weeks

Ice Cold Cube

Mother of 2 and 3 angels
Reaction score
Hi ladies

Many thanks for the kind messages when I posted a few weeks ago after having heavy bleeds and being hospitalised until delivery. Last Wed my waters broke, with meconium present, so Ella was delivered by c-section on Thur 10 January at 33 weeks, weighing 3lb 15oz.

She has been doing really well. She spent a couple of nights in NICU in Wishaw General Hospital then was moved out of an incubator into a hot cot. She needed a little help to breathe at the start, but has managed the past few days all on her own. She's being tube fed expressed milk and the quantities have been increasing steadily. Things have been going really well, until today :(

She was found to be desaturating so they did an x-ray today which showed she's aspirated some of her milk. She's now back in low flow oxygen and is having antibiotics in the hope of nipping any infection in the bud. She'll have gaviscon with every feed now, and the qualntities have been rediced down from 40ml every 3 hours to 25ml every 2. I am so worried about her, I just want her to be well and then come home to be with us and her big brother.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself, and Ella, as I'm sure I'll be on here a lot looking for advice!

Congratulations to you all on the birth of your special little babies.

Thanks

Laura x

Congratulations on your baby girl. When they have a backward step it's horrible but it doesn't usually last long. Hopefully she will be back off lo flo soon xx

Congratulations :) Welcome to the world little Ella

Welcome to the world baby Ella, she looks beautiful!

She's only been in the world such a short time - she will soon pick up and find her feet in NICU:) If she has already spent some time off oxygen and out of the incubator that's amazing :) It feels horrible when you have to take what feels like a step back but it's always worth doing, especially where feeding is concerned. Your milk will do her wonders. She will get there - it seems like it goes very slowly but then one day she'll be coming home and it will be a blur!:hugs:

Welcome to the world Ella. And congratulations to you Ice. It is a tough time for sure. A friend of mine runs a Bliss affiliated support group at Wishaw. There should be some posters and stuff up about it. She is a lovely lady and will help in whatever way she can.

Congratulations on the birth of baby Ella hun. I hope she picks up soon hun and you get to take her home before long xx

Congratulations and welcome little Ella :)

The NICU journey does tend to be two steps forward then one step back, but focus on the progress and she'll be home before you know it :hugs:

Congratulations!
She's a beauty
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back