My baby is finally here.*pics added PG5*

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
Right ive got a minute to post my birth story,

I was due on the 31st July but my baby was way too comfy to come on time.
i had a sweep on the 8th August and i lost a bit of my plug but that was it then i had another one on the 11th but again lost more of my plug.
i was booked in to be induced on thursday 14th if anything hadnt happen by then.
so when wednesday came round i got used to the fact that i was gonna be induced the next day.

i was planning on having an early night on wednesday ready for induction day on thursday but the in-laws decided they were gonna come down and they didnt get to ours until about 8.45,so i eventually got to bed at about 10.00
i was hyped up about what was gonna happen the following day that i couldnt sleep then at about 10.30 i was getting this really bad backache and it kept coming and going but didnt think it was anything.
it was getting worse as the night went on so at about 1am we started to time these backaches and they were coming every 5 mins then they were getting closer and closer,by the time it was 3.30am they were coming every minute,so hubby phoned the delivery suite and they said to come in so we left for the hospital at 4.30ish.

got to the hospital and a m/w looked me over and in was only 3cms dilated :hissy:,on the monday when i had my sweep i was 2cms.

they wanted to keep me in as i was booked in to be induced,so we stopped in and they signed me up to that horrible bloody m/w i had when i went in a few days earlier when i thought my waters had gone.

baby was back to back so i had constant backache and it was killing me so i asked for some pain relief but the horrible m/w wouldnt give me gas and air and she give me pethidine.
im sure she didnt like me coz she was right nasty and when she gave me the injection for the pethidine she jabbed the niddle in so bloody hard she mad me cry.
pethidine didnt agree with me,i must of been sick about 15 times through the labour. i hated the feeling of being spaced out.

i wasnt dilating at all so they decided to break my waters to see if that would help but no it didnt do anything.
i was eventually given another m/w and she was so lovely and caring.
the hospital had this policy where they check you every 4 hours and no sooner which was abit annoying.

after they broke my waters i was having gas and air and another boost of pethidine.
when they checked me after 4 hours of breaking my waters i was only 4cms dilated then they left me for another 4 hours and then i was only 5cms dilated.
then i had had enough so i asked for the epi (doing well here to say i was only wanting to have gas and air)
i got told off coz i wasnt keeping still when the woman was trying to put it into my back.
they gave me something else to get me to dilate (dont kow what it was) but it didnt agree with baby,his heart rate kept going down to 70 then up to about 200+.
i then dilated from 5cms to 9cms in about 10 mins.
i wasnt due to be checked again until midnight but a new m/w came on her shift at 9.30 and decided to check me anyway and she told me to push straight away. By this time there was about 10 people i the room,baby was getting stressed and i was told that they only had 6mins to get him out so they needed to use the suction cap.

My beautiful baby boy, Joshua James was born at 21.44 on 14-08-08 weighing 7lbs 8oz.
He is really long,all arms and legs and got assive feet.
they didnt measure him when he was born.

the labour was long,traumatic and very stressful but it was deffenetly worth it.

i was waiting for them to say to me that i needed a c-section but i think it was a case of he needed to be out within 6 mins and a c-section wouldnt of been quick enough.

i had to be cut so they could get the suction cap on babys head,which was fine but i had 2 men down there doing it,one was teaching a student how to stitch me back up.

i think i have covered it all,it was a bit of a haze.

To say i had a long and a bit traumatic labour i felt fine afterwards,i havnt felt down at all im on :cloud9: 24/7.

i was gonna post some pics but they are too big for an attachment so ill do it another day when i get some time.​

congratulations glad it eventually happened naturally.xx

thank you.
yes it happened naturally but not how i wanted it to go but hay my baby is here now.

:hug:

Congratulations!! :D Can't wait to see some pics of your little man! How's life as a mum? x

well done!..congrats

x

congratulation sweetheart, i can`t wait for the pictures... BIg :hugs:

thank you everyone.

being a mum is fan-bloody-tastic.

x x x

Congrats cant wait to see some pics of your little man!!

Hi Amy, know I've said it befer but congrats! And well done you on your birth! Does sound traumatic but it is so worth it eh? Same day babies too. I'm still in shock at my girl! Enjoy every minute xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->