my baby is wide awake!! advice please

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
Hi all,for the past too nights connah has been wide awake after his bedtime bottle!

His bedtime routine goes bath at 7.30pm,bottle at 8pm then bed around 8.30/8.45pm...then a dreamfeed at 11pm....

He is usually really good and has done this since week 1!
He will either go down without his dummy if he is really relaxed but sometimes has it for around 20mins until he drops off.

But for the past 2 nights he has had his bath,bottle and when we put him to bed he is wide awake:dohh:

i have started giving him regular nap times in the day which he more or less follows but the nap times are less than befor,as i thought he was sleeping too long(HV recommended 4-6 hours naps at his age)and the times havnt changed much either...should mention that i have been doing this 4 a week now...

So he isnt sleeping more than usual in the day,hes not hungry,he doesnt have wind or a dirty/wet nappy...he is just a smiley,happy... AWAKE baby!

After his bottle at 11pm though(usually a dreamfeed but past 2 night just a feed as he is awake lol)he will go straight down to sleep.

any advice??

xxx

This happens to us sometimes since Ruby learned to splash in her bath, she gets a bit overexcited and doesn't get so sleepy.

You could try bottle before bath if baths relax him. Or try giving the bottle in a dimly lit room?

Thinking about it, at Connah's age, Ruby was rarely asleep at 11pm so her dream feed was usually just a feed too!

It must be that he is overexited as he never usually does this,he always has nightime bottles in a dimly lit room aswel as this helps calm him...at least he is still sleeping a decent amount through the night though! x

My only thoughts would be he could be in the early process of changing up his routine. As babies get older they tend to need less sleep, and the age that happens varies greatly. I would try to keep him up longer during the day in order for him to be sleeper at night.

And just keep his bedtime routine the same and see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->