My birth plan...I think!

xxxKatiexxx

Reaction score
Me again... lots of posts recently I apologise!!! So this is my birth plan, I think. Does it seem ok? I don't really know! :flower:

Labour
• I would like a water birth.
• I would like my partner to be able to join me in the birthing pool.
• If a birthing pool is unavailable I would like to be able to use a bath until I give birth.
• I would like to be free to move around/ change position/ have use of a birthing ball etc throughout labour.
• I would prefer to keep the number of vaginal examinations to a minimum.
• I would prefer there to be no students/ interns or other non-essential people present during the labour and birth

Monitoring
• I do not want an internal monitor unless the baby has shown some sign of distress.

Pain Relief
• I would like as natural birth as possible.
• I would like to stick to gas and air. Although I would like the option of other pain relief if I require it.

Caesarean
• Unless absolutely necessary I would like to avoid a caesarean.

Episiotomy
• I would prefer not to have an episiotomy unless required for the baby’s safety.
• I would appreciate guidance in when to push and when to stop pushing so the perineum can stretch.

Delivery
• Assuming the baby is not in distress, I would like to wait until I feel the urge to push before beginning the pushing phase.
• I would like my partner in the pool with me if possible.
• I would like the baby placed on my chest immediately after delivery.

Immediately After Delivery
• I would like my partner to tell me the sex of the baby.
• I would like my partner to cut the umbilical cord.
• I would like to hold the baby while I deliver the placenta and have any tissue repairs.
• I would like to have the baby bathed and evaluated in my presence.
• If the baby must be taken from me for any reason, I would like to partner to accompany the baby at all times.

Postpartum
• I would like to have the baby with me at all times.

Breastfeeding
• I plan to breastfeed and would like to try nursing as soon as possible.

That looks very straight forward to me. I don't think there's anything unreasonable at all. Hope it all goes well for you x

Can u explain the internal monitoring bit. Still in second tri and this is the only thing here I haven't heard of!

Can u explain the internal monitoring bit. Still in second tri and this is the only thing here I haven't heard of!

Mmm to be honest I don't really know myself- it was one of the options on this birth plan website. I assumed it was to do with things entering my ladyparts and am not too keen on that as much as I can get away with it!!! Hopefully someone else knows more than me? lol

It's when they put a clip on the baby's head whilst still inside you to monitor heartrate.
x

Eww, no I don't want that! Unless baby needs it of course! Thanks :)

Sounds great :) like what I want . I hope we all have great experiences x

Looks good to me! It makes me motivated to start mine :)

Oh sounds like mine, to the point but simple goodgood!

Very clear and easy to digest - the content is very similar to mine, so the only other things I can think of that you might want to include are any thoughts about delivery of placenta (ie if you want the injection or to deliver it naturally) and how Baby will receive Vit K (injection or other means).

Good Luck!

It gave me some ideas for mine. Maybe have something at the top as to what to call your birth partner.

I would also include things like the use of pitocin or breaking waters to speed up delivery. Additionally, internal monitoring is horrible. It is actually screwed in babys head and requires waters to be broken and wires are left coming out so you can't get out of bed or move around anymore and can't go in birthing pool.

I feel it's unnecessary in every way and a painful thing to do to a baby before they are even born!! If they want to monitor they can strap you up externally and still have consistent monitoring, internal is absolutely unnecessary

love it, hope you don't mind if I pinch a few of your ideas? I love the bit about having your partner tell you the sex of baby - I got emotional just thinking of my hubby telling me! damn hormones!

J x

you could add on vit k injection or oral vit for baby
and if you would like the injection to release you placenta

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member