my birth stories

labydird

Reaction score
I thought it would be a good idea topost my birthing history, maybe to give hope or reassurance to anyone out there in any of the same boats! Throughout all 3 pregnancies I have alwyas had the midwives/ consultants be quite negative towards my preferences to have a 'natural' labour/ home birth etc, its quite depressing when the people you expect to help you are the ones who are shunning your opinion in favour of the textbook/ more financially suited option!

Anyway, my first baby was a c-section; not a single midwife detected baby was breech until I was in labour and 9cm dilated. The staff then seemed relunctant to carry out a breech birth (inexperience) so I had no option but to have an emergency c-section. (no pain relief prior to this)

Anyone who has had one will know how the label 'c-section' seems to taint you for life in the eyes of the medical world! :dohh:

Second baby, I was totally convinced I was going to have a VBAC. Lots of scaremongering by midwives and consultants, constant pressure to have an elective! In the end I had a successful VBAC, but again the hospital environment was so negative and the mood seemed 'panicked' which did not do me any favours in trying to remain relaxed and calm! (pain relief was g&a)

Third baby (just gone in March!) I was adamant I was not going to step foot in the hospital. Not only because of past negative experiences, but also because I knew my body and my labours tended to be quick! I requested a homebirth, again lots of scaremongering, I had a consultant dare to say to me 'if it was me I would not take the risk and would go to the hospital' <-- argh! :nope:

Ended up having a wonderful but shocking birth! I experienced a 'silent labour'...apparently my body was in labour without me knowing! I had had family round the night before, we had stayed up till late and I finally went to bed at 12am. I woke up at 3am with the feeling of needing to go to the toilet, sat on the toilet, felt a 'pop' and waters broke and 5 seconds later baby's head slid out! Jumped off the toilet, called for my husband who ran in just in time, grabbed a towel and delivered his son! My 2 oldest girls ran in rubbing their eyes and were delighted to see their little brother, and immediately ran off to find toys for him! :D

Midwives arrived 45 minutes later to cut cord, few stitches and then showered and hopped into my nice warm bed! Bliss!:cloud9:

wow. thanks for this. i hope to have a vbac in the future.

my friend also had a silent labour. same as you gave birth on the toilet to her second baby

Congratulations x we need more doctors to believe that women are in tune with there bodies x

Wow to your 3rd birth, just wow!
I didn't even know such a thing existed. Thank you for sharing x

Wow, silent labour! That's amazing! Could be inconvenient if you were out at the shops or something though, haha! Congrats on getting the birth you wanted for your second & third!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->