My Birth Story. Induction @38.4 weeks

Braethan

Reaction score
On Thursday the 2nd of June I went to my 38 week OB appt. The doctor checked my cervix and I was 3cm dilated and 80% effaced. Since I have a history of fast labours we knew that we would be inducing around 39 weeks because I live 45 minutes away from the hospital. I have been induced for all 4 of my pregnancies now.

My doctor thought that since I was starting to progress it was probably a good idea to book my induction for Monday the 6th of June. I was shocked that it was only days away!

Sunday night couldn't sleep. I finally ended up dozing off at 3:30am and had to be up for 5am.
We arrived at about 6:45 and were shown to our room. I got changed into my gown and just sat around until about 7:15. At this point the nurse came in and went over the paper work and such. She asked me about any pain relief I might be wanting later.
I had all 3 of my previous babies with none at all. But for some reason this whole pregnancy I have been terrified of the pain I would have. I've never had enough time to get the epi before and I had my doubts that I would this time. But I told the nurse this and said I'd really like to have it!
She said not to worry she would come through for me. Still I doubted. Got my IV and the monitors hooked up and waited for the doctor.

So around 8am my doctor came in and broke my waters. And by 8:30 the nurse started the pitocin drip and I had blood taken.
Pitocin works very quickly on me and withing 10-15 mins my contractions were coming on. By 9:30 they were pretty strong and I was checked and was 5-6 cm. I asked about that epi and she said she was still waiting for the blood work to come back before she could order it. and that it usually just takes an hour. At 10am I was getting pretty mad! I knew I wasnt going to get it. I sent OH out to get the nurse since I fad to pee. Once I got back in bed the lady was there with the epi! I was really scared now since I had also worried for 9 months that the epidural would hurt bad.

She told me it would feel like a bee sting when she put in the freezing. It didn't hurt that bad at all. No worse then an IV needle. And the rest want anything to cry about either. Nothing like I worried it would be.

I felt about 3-4 more contractions and each got less painfull. And ahhhh complete heaven, there was no pain at all. at around 11 I started to feel pain again on my right side. I had been laying on my left side the whole time which is probably why. I just tried to put up with it for a bit but it got bad so I sent OH out to tell the nurse. She came in and checked me around 11:20 and said I was fully and ready to push. She told me to give a push with the next contraction so I did. She said wow baby has alot of dark hair and it wont be much pushing.

They paged my OB. And told me I could push very lightly to help ease the contractions but that was all. So I did. They said okay no pushing just breathe. They paged the DR again. They were telling me not to push and I said I wasnt. I was just panting, and I really wasnt but Makyla just kept coming on her own and at 11:37 she was born. Delivered by the nurse. She had an extra long cord that was wrapped around her belly a couple time and then around a leg. She was a tiny 5lbs and 6oz. And perfectly healthy.
We waited around the rest of the day for the pediatrition to check over Makyla and were able to come home by 6:30pm.

It was the easiest birth Ive had and I wish I woulda known for the 9 months how easy. To think of all the worrying I did! And I really did love the epidural!

Makyla is the perfect baby. She nurses great. Sleeps well and Is just a tiny little sweety. She's so tiny that nothing fits yet so she's in alot of sleepers. Can't wait to put the sun dresses on her!

So this is Makyla Violet! I really want to show her off and will add more pics when I upload them Thanks for reading! And good luck to all of you for an easy quick birth and a healthy baby! Thanks for all your help along the way!

Attachments

• Makyla V.jpg
    Makyla V.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Makyla.jpg
    Makyla.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 13
:happydance::happydance::happydance: Congratulations on such a beautiful baby! xx

Awwwww! Its ace you got that epidural, i was terrified with my 1st that mine would wear off but i remember feeling soo relieved after they put it in, id begged for one this time but she kept putting it off (i was happy about it afterward) But at the time i wanted to ring her neck.x Congrats, shes gorgeous!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->