My Birth Story- Induction at 40w5d and pictures

justjill

Reaction score
On Wednesday June 1, I was induced at 40w5d. I chose to be induced, I could have waited if I wanted to, but I was done being pregnant!

I didn't need Cervidil the night before the induction, so on Wednesday we went into the hospital at 7:30am to evict out little girl!

I got there, got to my room, changed into my gown, and got my IV. I got to get the IV in my arm and not my hand, and I was so thankful for that because I was dreading having that needle in my hand the whole time!

The pitocin was started around 8:30 I believe, and just as soon as I started feeling them, I asked for my epidural. They weren't that painful but I just didn't want to feel them! The anesthesiologist (sp) was about to do a c-section, so my nurse said I could either have the epidural right then, or wait about an hour for him to be done with the section. I decided to get it right then rather than wait. And it was good that I did because pretty much right after I asked for it, I started feeling the contractions. Up until that point I couldn't even tell I was having contractions without looking at the computer monitor and seeing the lines spike up. The only thing I felt was a tightening in my upper abdomen.

Anyway, got my epi and within about 15 minutes I was getting numb. And then I was REALLY numb! I couldn't feel anything and couldn't even move my legs. I was numb from the middle of my belly down to my feet. I liked that I couldn't feel the pain but I hated the numb feeling and not being able to move. I wasn't able to get up to pee so I had to have a catheter a couple times to empty my bladder. It was a piece of cake because I couldn't feel anything!

I was 3 cm when I got to the hospital, and 4 about an hr after the pitocin started. Then I dilated another cm about every hr to two hrs. By 5pm I was ready to start pushing! I started pushing with just the nurse. I couldn't feel if I was pushing right and I asked her if I was doing it right and she said I was. I was peeing myself each time I pushed so that's how she could tell! LOL. But I didn't like how I couldn't feel myself push, so I asked for my epidural to be turned down and that helped a lot.

So I pushed with the nurse for about an hr and a half. Towards the end I started to actually feel the contractions, and they were kinda painful but it gave me incentive to push because it kinda helped the pain when I did. I felt the contractions in my lower back and lower belly, felt just like bad period cramps.

I finally moved the baby down far enough and my Dr. came in. I continued pushing for another half hr or so with her in the room. But I just couldn't get the babies head out. I had been pushing for 2 hrs at this point and was quickly becoming exhausted! So we decided to use the vacuum to help me get her out. I also had to have an episiotomy because there was no way her head would have fit through without one. I'm not sure how many stiches I got but I know she made two cuts down there.

Finally, I was able to get her head out with the vaccum helping me. It felt soo weird. The Dr. told me not to push for a second, then to give one small push, and the rest of her slid out!!! They put her right on my chest and she cried right away! She weighed 7lbs 11oz and was 20.5 inches long! She was a lot bigger and longer than I thought she was going to be!

The most painful part however, was afterward when I had to deliver the placenta. That part wasn't painful, but the Dr. has to press on your uterus to get all the clots and stuff out, and bc my epidural was turned down, I felt a lot of pain :( I was moaning and groaning and couldn't even enjoy what was going on around me because I was in such pain. She kept pressing on my stomach and each time is just felt like the worse period cramps you could imagine. And the pain went all the way around to my back. I was bleeding more than they wanted and I think they were more focused on controlling the bleeding than giving me anything for the pain, which I can understand. It still sucked really bad though. I was even able to feel her stiching me up and that was not pleasant at all.

But in the end it was all worth it :)

My little girl is healthy and beautiful and I am soo in love with her :cloud9:

Here she is:

https://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z452/jk1986/IMG_0396.jpg
https://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z452/jk1986/IMG_0398.jpg
https://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z452/jk1986/MadisonEmily.jpg

congrats hun she is super cute

Massive congratulations again Justjill! Sorry to hear you had to have an episiotomy at the end, but your baby is absolutely gorgeous! Hope your not in too much pain x

Congratulations! She looks a lot chunkier than 7lbs 11! :cloud9:

Congrats! So jealous you have your LO!! Lovely pictures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->