My Birth Story (long)

geekone

Reaction score
Hi

So my wee man is here but I cant seem to upload his picture, in the meantime hear is my birth story.

Wednesday 27th water broke no pains sent back home from hospital and told if nothing I would need to be induced on saturday.

Friday 29th at 00:23 first contraction had contractions every 20 mins then down to every 7 had a bath and then back to every 40 mins was like this most of the day until say 3 when it was every half hour by 5pm it was every 10 minutes and I called the hospital just to let them know they said try and het it to 3 contractions every 10 minutes I was probably at 3 every 12 minutes when I called and said please let me come in, this was just after midnight so I had been having contractions now for 24 hours and no sleep.

Went into hospital 30 minute car drive not pleasnt with the contractions. They put us in a room and did all of the tests and I was 3 cm dilated:happydance: they said I could stay and they ran me a bath. I didnt loke the bath much I prefered standing up nad leaning against the wall for my contractions now they were every 2 minutes and at 4.30am I was checked and was 6cm dilated. At this point I asked for gas an air which I gor and at 6am I was given a drip seeing as my waters broke 2 days before. (in total I had 4 drips to help the baby not me)

The midwifes changed at 7 and at 8.30am my cervix was checked again and i was fully dilated I was really pleased as I had felt like I needed to push. Then something wierd happened I was in second stage labour and I was having difficulty pushing we tried all positions but it just wasnt working then my contractions slowed down and were every 10 minutes and then they effectivly stopped.

The obstrician came in and checked me over and they decided to put me on the drip to start the contractions again. by 4pm nothing and the contractions were sore fast but I couldnt push the obstrician said that I had really been in second stage labour for too long and offered me a spinal injection and a forceps birth and I was so knackered I agreed. The wee mans head had got logged sideways in the birth canal ear down so he couldnt come out even though he was really low.

It was 5.30pm before I had my blood results and then we were quickly taken to theater. My DH is squeemish and was not planning on staying for the birth but he was so worried he couldnt leave me. It took 2 hours to get the spinal injection in they had to call in the consultant from his house as was so puffy. Scarily they list the babies heart beat for ages btu I didnt notice as I was in so much pain and had so much gas and air I was out of it just screaming during my contractions (oh and halfway through they changed my gas an air from a bity thing to a mask so that I could scream without taking off the mask genius) My DH was really worried but thankfully it was because of the position I was sitting in PHEW.

The consultant said to me after 2 hours that he was having one last shot and then I would have to have a general anesthtic and a section which I really didnt want an then he said the eagle has landed and my legs went numb that was the best I felt for 48 hours.

My little boy was born at 19:56 weighing 7lb 6.5oz he is lovely well and eating like a little trojan now. He had a pooing issue during the week and so lost much more weigh than he should but we topped him with formula from a little spoon at night and he had a glycerine supository and has been great since.

He has a tendancy to be awake between 00:00 and 04:00 much to our amusement:cry: and he has a little heart murmer but hopefully this will go away he is getting an ecg on the 24th so fingers crossed.

All in all it was a hard time basically I had no sleep for 72 hours and recovery has been difficult and I would not do it again but he is lovely and I would do it for him again.

Sorry for the lack of pictures
Thanks for the support
Emma

congrats, so sorry you had a rough time!

Sorry you had such a difficult time :hugs: congratulations on your little man

Man, some babies just love the dramatic entrance....it all worked out in the end though...congratulations x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->