My birthing plan. What is yours?

niki_nichole

Mother of twins :)
Reaction score
Family Birthing Plan

Labor:
-Nichole would like to have an epidural when pain is not tolerable any longer or before she is too dilated to have one, which ever comes first.
-Nichole would like to try to break her water naturally while at the hospital before making the decision for the OBGYN to.
-If having to be medically induced Nichole would like to try walking or other suggestions to get labor going naturally first.
-Nichole would like to be able to walk around and move during labor if possible.
-Nichole and Holden would like to be informed of any medical decisions emergency or not that need to be done during the labor/birthing process.
-Nichole would like to have her husband with her at all times during labor/birth weather it be natural or c-section.

Birthing Process:
-Nichole and Holden would like no students in the birthing room.
-No other family or friends except Holden will be allowed in delivery room.
-Holden would like to be able to take pictures or possibly video during the birthing process.
-If having natural birth Nichole would like to avoid having an episiotomy.
-Nichole would like to be directed when to push.
-Nichole would like to be conscious the whole birth.
-Nichole would prefer to have a low transverse incision on abdomen and uterus if having c-section birth.

After Birth:
-Holden would like to cut the umbilical cords.
-If possible Nichole would like to have skin to skin contact with the babies right after the are born.
-Nichole would like to have on hand free to touch the babies right after birth.
-Nichole and Holden would like to have all newborn procedures to be done right after birth and in Holden and or Nichole’s presence.
-Immunize babies as procedure.
-If babies health is in jeopardy Nichole and or Holden would like to be transported with the babies.

Recovery:
-Nichole would like a private room for after birth.
-No one except Holden is allowed to hold or see the babies until after Nichole is in recovery due to bonding and breast feeding.
-Babies are to be on demand breast feeding and no sugar water, fake nipples, or formula are to be given. Only pacifier and breast feeding.
-Holden and Nichole would like to be able to give babies their first bath.
-If babies are healthy Nichole would like nurse babies right after birth or recovery.
-Nichole would like to have her catheter and IV removed ASAP.
-Nichole would like the babies to be roomed with her at all times unless medically not allowed.

Sorry so long but there it is. Good?:happydance: bad?:nope: idk it is my first one!

Sounds good! You've definitely put a lot of thought into it. :) I especially agree with the whole not having anyone else in to hold/see the babies (other than your DH) until you're able to do so yourself. I think that's super important!!

I personally don't bother with birth plans but that's just me. :D Good luck with everything!

I just wanted to make sure nothing went wrong, well it makes me feel better that there is a plan. Now weather everything works out or not I know that is another story but we will see!

I think this looks good, clear and to the point . .. still work on ours, but very similar requests except I am hoping to avoid an epidural, I'm not carrying twins though!

Sounds good. Great to see ur going for a vag deliver with twins. Me too. Birth plan looks great good luck. I have no written birth plan to share bc i will be having a homebirth.

OK here's what I've got . . .

These are things we are hoping for the birth of our baby girl. If it’s appropriate, and you can help these things to happen, it would mean the world to us. We understand that birthing can be an unpredictable process and understand that things may change. Any information you can provide on procedures or medical decisions that may need to be made would be greatly appreciated to avoid surprises if at all possible.

-Ideally I would like to attempt to have a natural childbirth, assuming that it is routine. We realize that this request may change as the birthing process progresses and please feel free to offer suggestions on pain management if indicated.

-If reasonable, I would like to avoid having an episiotomy.

- We are hoping to have a doula, and I would also really like to have my husband with me as much as possible during labor/birth. We would like to not have any other visitors until after the baby has had a chance to nurse unless otherwise requested.

-If possible (mom) would like to have skin to skin contact with baby as soon as possible after the birth and (dad) would like to have the option of cutting the umbilical cord. We would ideally like the baby to stay in our room and have her mom and / or dad with her as much as possible.

Thank you so much for caring for us and our baby girl during our time here. It is greatly appreciated.

Haven't written mine yet but thanks for sharing!! Looks great and it definitely gave me some ideas!! :)

can i ask if they actullay read them when it comes to it? (maybe one for the previous mums) because when i had my son -by c-section i saw so many people i cant imagine they would have read thru this and ticked it off? With me they just simply asked me as it went along...just interested to know as all the staff would have to read..xxx

Sounds good. Great to see ur going for a vag deliver with twins. Me too. Birth plan looks great good luck. I have no written birth plan to share bc i will be having a homebirth.

That will be the plan if they are both head dowmln when deliver but as of right right Bentley is still breech like he is now I will be doing a c-section for his saftey and my own

Love your plan... I had the same rule with my 1st lo about only daddy holding the baby until mommy could... its only fair!!

This times birthing plan... Dont have one yet. Due to the placenta previa we may be headed to c-section but that may clear up so for right now its just to go with anything and everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->