My boss guessed that I'm pregnant!

novembergirl

Reaction score
10 weeks pregnant and feeling ever-so-slightly silly! It's my first pregnancy and I work in education, so I haven't told anyone at work yet that I'm expecting apart from a couple of friends. I never would have thought anyone could guess but I've had quite bad morning sickness and I missed a day of work last week (which I didn't exactly lie about, I just said 'I've been really sick').

Anyway, yesterday morning I was feeling a bit nauseous and my head of department shoved a glass of water at me and said 'so how long has it been?'

I thought she was asking how long I'd not been feeling well, so I said 'oh, it's going on and on.' She laughed at me and said 'I meant, how many weeks pregnant are you?'. I think my mouth dropped open because I was seriously stunned that she'd guessed. She wasn't annoyed that I hadn't said or anything, she just thought it was really funny that I was so surprised she'd guessed! She said 'no-one has a stomach bug for 2 weeks' (we just came back from hols last week) and she's had 3 of her own, so she knows etc.

Anyway, I'm not upset that she knows or anything, but I feel a bit silly for not saying anything - I just didn't want to tell everyone yet and I still don't want everyone to know, is that weird?

It's not weird at all not a lot of people will share there exciting news so early on. Congratulations :happydance:

Don't worry - I am sure she will respect your wishes if you ask her to wait a bit before telling others.

I told my boss at 12 weeks with DD (I had just started a new job and they wanted to book flights for me)! However I asked for time to prove myself before he told the team. At 18 weeks he (on the quiet) told me the bump was getting a little noticeable so I announced.

xx

Oh, she was lovely about it! However, my hope that she won't tell anyone at all is small - she does enjoy being the one to break the news!

I arranged to go to the theatre aaaaaages ago with a friend, and we went about 3 weeks ago. As soon as I ordered a soft drink he knew I was pregnant! Some people just seem to know these things. I wasn't going to tell him yet but since he guessed anyway I told him.

I hope you get to tell everyone else and she doesn't break your confidence. x

With my 1st pregnancy I didn't tell anyone i worked with until gone 12weeks & with my other 2 I wouldn't of either but I worked as a dental nurse & I had to due to them taking X-rays i thought they'd wonder what was going in if I ran a mile everytime an X-Ray was taken!! Luckily I don't work now a stay at home mum so I don't have that problem the only people we've told is parents (only today) & my best friend who's also expecting & there's only a few weeks between us which is nice as I have someone else to talk to who's going through the same as me xx

My boss kinda stumbled onto finding out I'm pregnant because I almost threw up on him one day. He was doing some training with me and I told him to stop because I'm about to throw up and I took off running to the bathroom. When I got back he jokingly said "wow are you pregnant or something?!" Joke was on him I guess lol

One of my friends guessed I was pregnant the day I found out! Some people just know what clues to look for.
She guessed because I cancelled a gym class I was supposed to go to with her because I was feeling sick and then later on (she is my boyfriends housemate) I turned down a cup of coffee (first time I had turned down a coffee haha) and she instantly just went are you pregnant??? Ridiculous abilities!

I told a few people at work and I think some others might suspect. I am starting to show because I'm having twins. I'm planning on announcing to staff Wednesday.

Were you annoyed your boss just came out and said that? I think I would be annoyed but I'm pretty sensitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->