**My Boy Is Here!** Birth Story Inside! =D

MummyNovember

Hubb,DS & DD =]
Reaction score
He is here! My boy Alex! He was born Friday 2nd of decemeber at 10.15am, weighing in at 7lbs 6. He is beautiful. Has attitude and a good set of lungs lol

My Birth Story!

Well, i went for my sweep 4pm thursday & when i went it turns out i was 2cms dilated (i didnt have a clue, i had felt normal all day an all the previous day). We went to asda after and then home. I went to bed at 11.45 that night and literally 5 mins later by 11.50pm i started having pains. Wasnt sure if they were contractions though. When i got up and walked around they got instantly unbearable. I decided to have a bath and see if it would ease the pain. But by that time they were coming in every 8 to 10 mins. After an hour in the bath, which did naff all for the pain, i decided to have a bounce on my ball and time my contractions. Contractions 8 mins apart and lasting roughly 50 seconds. After a 20 min bounce on my ball, which did bugger all for pain relief as well lol

I decided to wake my husband up an i laid on the sofa as he fixed up the TENS machine to my back...which not only did it do bugger all, it made the pain worse lol. We timed my contractions and they were now 5 mins apart and lasting around 90 seconds in length. We rang the labour ward and they said to come in, this was at 2.10am. By the time i had got there i was 7 or 8cms dilated which i was suprised about! I had some gas and air & a shot of pethidine, both of which were pointless AS WELL lol they did absolutly nothing. They wouldnt give me any more pain relief as i was so far gone already. By the time it came to 7am i was fully dilated and able to push. It took me 3hrs to push him out and i had to try several different positions. Midwife kept telling me i wasnt pushing hard enough, when after being awake since 8am that previous morning, as you can imagine i had no energy! I had no life in me. In the end though when they saw the head they saw that his head was to the side, which explains why it had been so difficult! I had to be cut in the end (obvs resulting in stitches after,lovely), but at 10.15am he was out!

All in all my laid back little mans delivery was ok & quite quick :happydance:

After The Birth & Now:

After the birth and i was all stitched up they left us in the labour ward for about 6hrs because there was a ward shortage upstairs. I really wanted to get out that room! It looked like the scene of a brutal murder the amount of blood everywhere lol the midwife started harassing me to go to the toilet and do a wee but as you can imagine, i didnt want to (plus they empty your bladder via catheter before you start delivery). Soon as i stood up blood was running down my leg, lovely! I sat on the loo an as predicted nothing came out. I tried to have a quick shower but it was hard because i was SO exhausted, tired and dizzy. I hadnt eaten since 5pm that night either so you can imagine how light headed i felt. After my attempt at a shower i had corn flakes with sugar an a cuppa tea.

Finally got down to the maternity wing, and we just got out yesterday dinner time. Long story short, Alex would not feed! He would not latch on properly. He knew how to do it but he just wasnt staying on there for longer than 10 seconds. My time in the hospital was spent self exspressing into a syringe & also trying skin to skin an latching him on every 2hrs. It still didnt work and i was getting fed up of being there! Also i was fed up of being told different things. The different midwives all had different ways of showing me how to exspress my milk. In the end making me sore and swollen. Only one way worked (which apparently is the way they all be showing us mummys but they dont). I also got fed up of being told from one side that i cant go home till he latches, another being told that they cant hold me against my will, another saying i CAN go home. I was getting angry.

In the end we were allowed home. The first night was hard last night because he was feeding allot & he was hungry. As i was exspressing, he was eating it all up! Ended up me and my partner taking it in turns to sit with him because he was very grumbly. We did some reasearch and found that its ok to give him both formula and breast milk. So 7am this morning he had his first FULL feed of formula an he has been a sleepy, content little chap. I feel so so relieved, i was so tearful an upset last night because i just didnt know what to do. Thank god i had my OH there with me to share the work. Otherwise i would have pulled all my hair out, sat in a corner and cried to be honest. Today i feel happier, relaxed. But my breasts...OMG they r so full they hurt! I hugged up husband just now an instantly my top was drenched! Lol

So yeh, there is my story! I hope you other over due ladies are ok, if you still havent popped yet :flower:

Heres my boy!

https://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g209/FallenPlaygirl/PC020010.jpg

How cute, he looks so chilled. Like wazzup mom! :) Very very cute. Congrats.

Was wondering how you'd gotten on! Huge congrats!! Sounds like you did really well, well done hun. Hope you're both doing well xxx

Not many November mummies left now : / induction For me in 2 1/2 hours!!!

Congratulations! :D He's so cute! :flower: Glad to hear the birth went smoothly, well, except at the end but it sounds all-in-all decent! Hope the feeding gets easier!

Congratulation, thanks for sharing your story x

He is gorgeous, huge congrats!! And well done with working out his feeding as well, sounds like the best decision you could have made xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->